The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Could Danny Rodgers be an option for Goalkeeper? Released by Kilmarnock yesterday and played under Hopkin at Morton.

I’m not going to get upset yet about the potential of McGinty signing but that will have massive alarm bells ringing. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Could Danny Rodgers be an option for Goalkeeper? Released by Kilmarnock yesterday and played under Hopkin at Morton.

I’m not going to get upset yet about the potential of McGinty signing but that will have massive alarm bells ringing. 

For the love of God don't, you know that saying I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy? That was written with him in mind, Colin Doyle kept him out the team, let that sink in for a minute.

2 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

For the love of God don't, you know that saying I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy? That was written with him in mind, Colin Doyle kept him out the team, let that sink in for a minute.

He was decent at this level previously but having looked at Doyle in the last 2 games the fact he wasn’t able to able to displace him I wouldn’t want him now

Signing McGinty would basically confirm to me the Morton fans are correct about his recruitment skills. He is just one of those players that has stood out as being fucking awful when we have played against him. I would rather have kept Roscoe. 

I'm going to give an honest and unpopular opinion. I think McGinty is ever so slightly better than Baird (who largely got off with being terrible because he came with a much more favourable reputation).

Which isn't to say that I rate McGinty, he makes errors every single week, some of which are utterly ridiculous, some just so basic. He also made that idiotic challenge to get sent off in the final league game at Arbroath (which turned out to be a blessing for us in the playoffs). He could never have played for us again. Baird can't cope with pace, switches off constantly, and loses his bearings on a regular basis. McGinty does the same, with added hilarious errors, but probably has more basic ability than Baird. I didn't like either of them. 

I've already given my opinion on Fjortoft - he'll either be a hero or a calamity if he signs for Ayr. 

I'm still waiting on you to sign Cameron Blues as well. Another player Hoppy really likes. 

Edited by SpoonTon

1 hour ago, cop said:

20210526_084204.jpg

Boiled my blood reading this 😡

Why would Hopkin sign majority of his players from a (no offence intended) poor morton team?

Mcginty has been made to sound awful and would maybe benefit from playing in a lower league. 

This team isn't going to improve at all if this is Hopkins idea of Recruitment! 😡

Hopkins football philosophy is one that may not be pretty on the eye but if it gets results then I am willing to stick with it.

it didn’t get results at Morton and that could be down to the players available to him, with the budget he had. At Ayr, he has a reportedly larger budget and can hopefully attract better players to help with his outcome.

so why in the f**k is he signing fucking players that fucked it for him at fucking Morton? 

Where were Morton in the league when Hopkin left, out of interest?
I know I know, we were up and around the playoffs around then, but where were Morton sitting?

7th I think.

Only ICT and Hearts conceded fewer goals than us last season. I'd be more concerned about the signing of Salkeld than McGinty or Fjortoft, if I'm being honest. Both make ridiculous errors, though. See Fjortoft below (note the initial error and then the horrible attempt to recover from it):