The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Cant wait to see what tomorrow brings us , will it be good or bad news or even a bit of both [emoji848][emoji848]
Sounds like we're getting both from Morton with tht comment as people have mcginty bad news and the other 1 as good news lol

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He was never a fans favourite at Thistle. They similar to Morton fans don’t rate him.

You are grasping at straws here.

If we sign Sean McGinty (and he plays a decent amount of games for us) we immediately become favourites for relegation.  

I wouldn't go as far as relegation but signings like this will ensure we end up near that end of the table. McGinty ain't as bad as made out but he isn't very good either. Probably at the same level as someone like Miller from last seasons squad. With our poor league finish perhaps the cash isn't there for lots of top drawer signings. I remember the excitement when Wright and some others signed last season so will wait until the league starts before dismissing anyone

46 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If Ayr do end up bringing in a few of our jobbers I'll be in this thread more than the Morton one to watch the horror/miracle unfold. It'd be peak Morton for a manager and players who failed miserably here storm the league down the coast.

You'll certainly be more welcome than that Arnold Rimmer wannabe who was all over this thread until George Galloway raised his fedora down Palmerston way.

No idea of the capabilities of this McGinty but I don't think I've ever seen this site as united in declaring a footballer shite as much as this guy. I think at this point we have fully moved away from the McCall era now and any chance of liquid football next season.

It's early days for transfers. It's not been overwhelming stuff so far in either the confirmed or rumours, but let's see what the next few days and weeks bring. 

Moods can change very quickly on here with the right news. 

Keep the faith that what should be a mid table budget is going to be spent wisely and maximises its value. 

If we get to the start of the season with no appreciable increase in positivity feel free to bring this post back to haunt me. 😂

We have to give the gaffer time and trust his judgement.

I’m sure there will be enough of us inside Somerset from the start of the season to make our feelings known if he doesn’t come good.

And after what happened last season, we are not going to suffer fools gladly, so let’s all just stop wetting our knickers before a ball is kicked.

And cheer the f**k up for goodness sake.  We stayed up and we have 4 Ayrshire league derbies next season.

9 hours ago, Rodders1910 said:

It's going to be another long season isn't it lads

On the contrary, if indeed the core of the team ends up being the detritus that Hopkin nearly got Morten relegated with then it'll be a season where people keep fervently praying Saturday never comes round again.

If the chairman is presented with an approval sheet that has McGinty's name on it and doesn't immediately touch it to a lit cigar then both should walk immediately. I finally started watching Ted Lasso last night and that's the vibes being given off.