The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you lads don't have the fondest of memories of McDaid but can we safely say he'd be an easy upgrade on him?

That depends if you can get him playing well and impose his undoubted skill more often in more games. The big question here would be is McPake the manager to do that.  Unless there are changes at Dundee McCowan is taking a risk if he wants to fulfil his potential 

5 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Saw a tweet suggesting that McCowan was in 'advanced talks' with Dundee United. Looks like he'll be heading to the Premier no matter what. 

I also seen something saying that but within the article it says he’s in advanced talks with both Dundee and Dundee United 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I also seen something saying that but within the article it says he’s in advanced talks with both Dundee and Dundee United 

Dundee Utd would seem a risky one considering they haven't even confirmed their manager yet as far as I've seen?

On the target man front we have Nikolay Toderov rumoured to be a target , we won’t be the only ones , if there is Premiership interested then we’ll be toast I suppose . However there are plenty of other line leaders on the freed list on Wiki .Any of the following  fit to be on our back up list :  Marios Ogkmpoe  (Accies) , Jon Obika (St Mirren) Collin Quaner (St Mirren) , Danny Whiehall (Vermin) . Not a lot to choose from . Any worth a shout ?

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I know you lads don't have the fondest of memories of McDaid but can we safely say he'd be an easy upgrade on him?

I'd rate him on a par with McDaid. Both blow hot and cold and lack consistency. McCowan is very hard on himself. When things go wrong or he misplaces a pass etc you can actually hear him beat himself up about it rather than just let it go. 

36 minutes ago, North British said:

On the target man front we have Nikolay Toderov rumoured to be a target , we won’t be the only ones , if there is Premiership interested then we’ll be toast I suppose . However there are plenty of other line leaders on the freed list on Wiki .Any of the following  fit to be on our back up list :  Marios Ogkmpoe  (Accies) , Jon Obika (St Mirren) Collin Quaner (St Mirren) , Danny Whiehall (Vermin) . Not a lot to choose from . Any worth a shout ?

Whitehall would be bottom of my list. He struggled to get game time for a team that couldnt score in a brothel (before Lafferty joined). No thanks to anyone from that Killie squad 

4 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

Ideally I'd love Doohan back but I can't see that happening, if we can get half decent keeper in I'd be fairly happy with the defence we need to find that old fashioned number 9 that we have been look for since Shankland left and they don't grow on trees unfortunately and a goal scoring number 10 to play behind him then I'd be confident we would be mid table pushing for top four.

I'd say championship is Doohans level. Hes never going to cut it with celtic who have 3 pish GK's that he couldnt get a game ahead of. He couldnt even regularly start for a team who were at the bottom end of the league and were shipping goals for fun. A top end Championship team would suit him which obviously rules us out 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd say championship is Doohans level. Hes never going to cut it with celtic who have 3 pish GK's that he couldnt get a game ahead of. He couldnt even regularly start for a team who were at the bottom end of the league and were shipping goals for fun. A top end Championship team would suit him which obviously rules us out 

Top end of the championship is where we should be aiming this season. A failure otherwise 

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Top end of the championship is where we should be aiming this season. A failure otherwise 

Yip I'd definitely agree with that, but with an improved Championship (in regards to teams being of an even keil) I fear another struggle at the bottom end 

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Yip I'd definitely agree with that, but with an improved Championship (in regards to teams being of an even keil) I fear another struggle at the bottom end 

The bigger picture is the club is growing , I’d say Hopkins will need the season after next to completely see if his plan has worked . However I’d expect to be finishing above QoS , Morton , Arbroath as a minimum next season , if we get a bit of a bounce going then perhaps ICT , Raith and the Pars could be bettered . But I think that would be about it for Season One . 

The key to our season will be the caliber of our next four signings . If we could bring in say Toderov , McKay , Conway and a Doohan caliber keeper or even the man himself , then we should be set for a season where we can compete with most of the teams in the division and beat a lot of them on our day ..... 

38 minutes ago, North British said:

The bigger picture is the club is growing , I’d say Hopkins will need the season after next to completely see if his plan has worked . However I’d expect to be finishing above QoS , Morton , Arbroath as a minimum next season , if we get a bit of a bounce going then perhaps ICT , Raith and the Pars could be bettered . But I think that would be about it for Season One . 

The key to our season will be the caliber of our next four signings . If we could bring in say Toderov , McKay , Conway and a Doohan caliber keeper or even the man himself , then we should be set for a season where we can compete with most of the teams in the division and beat a lot of them on our day ..... 

493.jpg

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Given we have no wide forward players at all you'd expect if we were signing any they would be next up as a priority

Ayr United will be playing 5 3 fucking 2!!!!

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Ayr United will be playing 5 3 fucking 2!!!!

I agree so I'm not sure why folk are wanting Conway and Armstrong :lol:

Is Armstrong not all but signed for Kilmarnock anyway?

Rumour on our forum this morning too that Conway is retiring. 

Aye I believe Kieran MacDonald is signing for Killie and judging by his Twitter interaction with Daniel Armstrong, he’ll be joining him.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Conway was retiring but it’d be nice if he finished his career at Ayr. Although as has already been said Hopkin probably won’t play with out and out wingers so any that sign will need to be able to play up front or as a number 10.