The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 hours ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Made no attempt to have this game playable. A proper club like Arbroath have had covers down all week.

Coincidental they're in rank rotten form, just got a new manager and made a few signings so a free weekend conveniently gives Hartley time to gel in the new players...

Only 9 days left before the window slams shut . Given that we have lost two loan players I'd expect either two loans or one decent permanent signing inbound . That's the bare minimum,  if O'connor goes another permanent signing should follow. Judging by Bully's pre match a midfielder is on his mind . DCM is an easy position to improve on as Bangala thus far has failed there . Not so easy to improve on a second striker though , would you say an Inness Cameron / George Oakley type player is an upgrade on Mark McKenzie ? Also do we replace Logan or can JML make the shirt his own for the run in ? Lots of ifs and buts , I guess we'll know the direction of travel pretty soon .

2 hours ago, North British 2 said:

Only 9 days left before the window slams shut . Given that we have lost two loan players I'd expect either two loans or one decent permanent signing inbound . That's the bare minimum,  if O'connor goes another permanent signing should follow. Judging by Bully's pre match a midfielder is on his mind . DCM is an easy position to improve on as Bangala thus far has failed there . Not so easy to improve on a second striker though , would you say an Inness Cameron / George Oakley type player is an upgrade on Mark McKenzie ? Also do we replace Logan or can JML make the shirt his own for the run in ? Lots of ifs and buts , I guess we'll know the direction of travel pretty soon .

Ashford, Daire and JML now have to up their game and make a wide position their own. I think a centre mid and striker should be the priority. Seen Oakley was released and thought it could be a potential signing. I think the defence will be left alone and addressed in the summer, i.e the fullbacks. Been said for a while, but hopefully Frankie will be back soon and Houston being back settles the defence. I imagine we’ll get 1 loan signing and 1 obscure signing on a permanent deal. 

12 hours ago, Caledonian said:

If Cove did make precautionary measures the club should make a statement to confirm what those measures were. In truth they bottled it. Nothing was done at all. If an unsuccessful effort had been made then no more could have been asked. You will not find one Cove fan who was remotely bothered by the postponement.  They are probably hoping for another cold snap to prevent Friday's match going ahead. Volunteers to clear the pitch? Where were they? Pitch covers? Where were they? I would have no gripes about the postponement if an effort had been made.

You will not find one Cove fan, period.

Hopefully get a big draw in the next round, not that we are there yet but may give us some incentive to plough money into the playing budget and get passed cove. Wish list for me is a striker winger and midfielder. Think we need a centre back but don’t know if we will get another based on how well Mcallister did when played there 

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Hopefully get a big draw in the next round, not that we are there yet but may give us some incentive to plough money into the playing budget and get passed cove. Wish list for me is a striker winger and midfielder. Think we need a centre back but don’t know if we will get another based on how well Mcallister did when played there 

Would take Hearts away especially now with a certain LS going to be suspended for it

26 minutes ago, Iain said:

Clearly better than Nisbet, if we're comparing ex-Ayr strikers.

I was discussing Nisbet with someone yesterday who said he was better than Shankland. Because of reasons - he even cited how many penalties Shankland had scored as a negative. You still have to fucking score them!