The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I find your posts normally quite entertaining but find this one is a total car crash , what makes you think Bullen is a liar and what things are happening behind the scenes that you think fans should know about around the Dipo situation, VOR let fans know what the Dipo situation was 

He did lie about it. 

22 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I believe it was posted by someone who had seen the training session on Thursday , certainly not within the club , even VOR was not aware until the teamlines  came out that he was not playing , if anyone in the club was going to leak it VOR would have been first to hear 

Who was it that asked the question specifically about Dipo in the pre match interview? Was he from the club or was he front a newspaper, west fm or that? Surely the question should have been edited out? It's effectively backed Bullen into a corner and forced him to lie. Surely not to mention it all was the best way to go. 

58 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Have you shared your financial wisdom with your own team? It's not often the league above is described as financially rewarding 

He’s spot on though.

Fucking ludicrous to suggest we’d let him not play. 

The club aren’t throwing their biggest game in decades over a transfer bid.

Dipo has also shown absolutely no indication that he’s the type to down tools or throw a strop over a transfer bid. Quite the opposite.

The club made a cock-up with the interview but that’s about it. Give it a fucking rest.

Edited by eez-eh

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Jesus fucking christ this thread. Dipo hasn’t signed anywhere yet, we would have played him if he was fit no team can dictate what we do with a player who does doesn’t belong to them especially given it was such an important game. The guy hasn’t missed a game all season and would have been desperate to play.  

as for bullen and the press conferences he can’t remember what he said when and is probably still trying to bluff Partick because if it’s a back injury we don’t know when he will be fit again 

At last some common sense post

21 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

even VOR was not aware until the teamlines  came out that he was not playing

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

VOR let fans know what the Dipo situation was 

The issue is the narrative is inconsistent. VoR reports as soon as the teams are out it's a back injury so someone has told him that. Bullen then goes on national TV and said it's a sickness bug but your 2nd post indicates VoR is correct that it's a back injury which makes it look like Bullen's lying.

Add in the fact Bullen says post match Dipo tried to train through it when rest or physio might have  been wiser ahead of our biggest game and you've got an in house press conference asking a question about injury concerns and not getting the juicy gossip they were after so deliberately follow that up with a question about Dipo specifically, it looks suspicious.

FWIW I don't believe Dipo would down tools or that any bid would stop us playing him. The club knew he was out for Friday and I think could be more concerned he's not guaranteed to be back for the 2nd leg but it feels like the situation could have been handled better.

7 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

The issue is the narrative is inconsistent. VoR reports as soon as the teams are out it's a back injury so someone has told him that. Bullen then goes on national TV and said it's a sickness bug but your 2nd post indicates VoR is correct that it's a back injury which makes it look like Bullen's lying.

Add in the fact Bullen says post match Dipo tried to train through it when rest or physio might have  been wiser ahead of our biggest game and you've got an in house press conference asking a question about injury concerns and not getting the juicy gossip they were after so deliberately follow that up with a question about Dipo specifically, it looks suspicious.

FWIW I don't believe Dipo would down tools or that any bid would stop us playing him. The club knew he was out for Friday and I think could be more concerned he's not guaranteed to be back for the 2nd leg but it feels like the situation could have been handled better.

This is exactly it, I don’t think Dipo or the club would do that either but the inconsistent messaging is weird as f**k. 

Anyway, I just want the club to announce through the week that the big guy is fit and raring to go - it’ll give everyone a boost and I just want to see him smashing into Brownlie and Muirhead from the first minute on Friday night. 

ETA, this is possible with him - fucking hugely unlikely, but possible - he can be that good. 

Edited by No_Problemo

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This is exactly it, I don’t think Dipo or the club would do that either but the inconsistent messaging is weird as f**k. 

Anyway, I just want the club to announce through the week that the big guy is fit and raring to go - it’ll give everyone a boost and I just want to see him smashing into Brownlie and Muirhead from the first minute on Friday night. 

ETA, this is possible with him - fucking hugely unlikely, but possible - he can be that good. 

Scenes tomorrow when it’s announced he’s signed for Charlton for 75k….

Jesus Christ lads calm down with the forensic investiagtion here. 

Just move on towards Friday, this isn't exactly out of norm considering during the season we had Musonda supposed to be coming back in the next week to training for about two months and then many a time under McCall where likes of Geggan or Adams were due to back "imminently" and you then wouldn't see them for about 4 weeks. 

Fact he's played every league game this season (virtually unheard of) is the only reason people are pissed off, if he had been out a few times already this season with different injuries it probably wouldn't have gained so much attention on Friday night. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think it's unreasonable that a promotion to the Premiership is worth between £1.25m and £2m when you factor increases in attendances, sponsorship, TV money and other spin offs.

When you consider not so long ago the turnover in our accounts was quoted around £1m, it puts into perspective just how lucrative promotion actually could be.

Yes i agree with that and the impact the extra turnover will have. It probably works quite well if you can go up and stay up. Relegation though is a different matter and the clubs coming down seem to struggle unlike before. Whilst it may be rewarding for some it might not be in other situations 

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

You get £1.2 million for finishing bottom. No idea what the TV revenue is but I imagine that is close to 7 figures too. Then you have the OF sell outs, possibly Ayrshire derby games and since it would be seen as a bit of a novelty going to Somerset in the Premiership you’ll have bigger away crowds than normal. That’s not even taking into account Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen taking bigger numbers anyway.

Sponsorship, Hospitality and probably bigger home crowds too. It’s a massive amount of money.

Actually, £2 mill for Dipo wouldn’t even be enough. That’s basing it on coming straight back down too. As I said it’s complete and utter nonsense that any sort of bid has been accepted for him with a stipulation that he doesn’t play in any more games this season.

It all sounds great on paper but not sure what the impact of our north terracing being shut for redevelopment. Guessing this might have a knock on effect for crowd sizes and hospitality. Fairly sure the owner will have invested a fair bit so not sure how this would also impact budget next season