The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

By all accounts McGeady is very forthcoming with his opinion, so I think he will challenge Bullen. I think Bullen will handle that fine, so it can only be a positive. 

It's what Bullen has been missing. A right hand man to offer different and better ideas.

Interesting signing. Will raise standards that’s for sure. Not sure how much of an influence he’ll have on the park over the season but as I say he’ll have a positive impact on the rest of the squad. Seems a strong character, and I like Bullen’s approach, so think that’ll work. 

A striker and might be another decent season for Ayr. 

Interesting. No doubt even at 37 that McGeady will still be an asset at this level but the injuries are a genuine concern. Knee and hamstring injuries last season would set alarm bells off for any player, never mind someone who is 37. 

Murphy and McGeady a bit of a risk as your wingers? No doubt they’ve had excellent careers and will still contribute but we’ve seen this with a lot players, even like Chris Maguire last season for you guys that not playing much at the latter stages of your career and dropping down at a level, the lack of sharpness can still be very apparent 

Obviously if they are genuinely fit they may well be stars but that’s a massive if regards to maintaining it and not breaking down 

I don't think we need to worry about how much of the budget the McGeady is eating into... he's got a multi-million pound property empire and 20-years at a decent level of football under his belt - he's essentially here for work experience for the next stage of his (non-playing) career not one last pay check. 

Edited by Kitty_Boy

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Interesting. No doubt even at 37 that McGeady will still be an asset at this level but the injuries are a genuine concern. Knee and hamstring injuries last season would set alarm bells off for any player, never mind someone who is 37. 

Our current squad contains several academy graduates and they are the future plans, what they lack is experience and the best way to gain that is playing with experienced guys like McGeady. He obviously wasn't signed as an out and out 90 min every week type of guy, but more of the development he can offer to our youngish squad.

9 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I wouldn't be counting that as one of the bodies we need in the door, if we do we'll need to replace him in January either way.  🤣

Aye I don’t think he’ll play as much as people think he will and not from an injury standpoint. Murphy has made that left wing role his own and I’d be worried if we were going with McGeady on the other side as there’s no pace there. Think if he plays it’ll be more as a forward but I think this deal is far more weighted towards the non playing side of things. 

Interesting signing for sure. He didn't seem that bad for hibs when he played last season and could be a asset if fit. 

Also get the feeling that if Bullen gets off to a bad start in the league, he could be the next manager hence the technical director role for 2 years. And as in bad start I mean bottom 2 by October time, I can seriously see McGeady being favorite after.

Edited by THEHonestman1910

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I don’t think he’ll play as much as people think he will and not from an injury standpoint. Murphy has made that left wing role his own and I’d be worried if we were going with McGeady on the other side as there’s no pace there. Think if he plays it’ll be more as a forward but I think this deal is far more weighted towards the non playing side of things. 

I don’t see it like that at all tbh, he was a starter for a top half side last season (when fit) - if he is fit then he’ll play IMO. I do think it’ll need to be as more of a ten style player. The creative qualities of Murphy and McGeady plus the raw athleticism of Amartey could be interesting… 

Edited by No_Problemo

Well that’s a very left field appointment just like the Mathie one last year. Have no doubt he will play about a dozen games but his experience will be great for the squad, the new right winger Amartey who I think has something will develope under his guidance and if it goes badly he will be the new manager by the new year. Bullen def has someone looking over his shoulder now with massive experience at the top level and must surely help the squad

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I always hated his stupid face. Garden gnome looking c**t.

This.

Just cos he's now signed for us, I'm not going to start kidding on I like him. Don't want him anywhere near our club.

37 years old. I just don't see any benefit for us at all.

Really strange signing, and honestly disappointing.

51 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Just need to sign Steven Fletcher now to complete the geriatric attack.

Reveal hidden contents

He would be an excellent signing, just no chance it would happen

Announce Kazuyoshi Miura...

Edited by jagfox

6 minutes ago, Bowl-of-chilli said:

This.

Just cos he's now signed for us, I'm not going to start kidding on I like him. Don't want him anywhere near our club.

37 years old. I just don't see any benefit for us at all.

Really strange signing, and honestly disappointing.

Is this Gordon Strachan behind this account?