The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

We've been Ali Dia'd a belter with Bangers.

We don't need to use him as a reference cause we had our own fake footballer, Mohammed Benlarej.  

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I mean not his ability but more the build up of the signing and the fact we've been done by this guy giving him a 2 year deal .prob won't feature this season either.

Definitely his ability, he is hilariously bad. Worst that I’ve ever seen anyway!

11 hours ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I know this usually pisses people off...

I have not seen one bit of advertisement for the club's matches ANYWHERE in about 10 years apart from social media....

That wee dude that's the commercial manger needs to get his finger out basically...

My dad who is 67 requires me telling him when the games are a he doesn't do social media..

P.s I hope someone at the club sees this...👀👀👀 

So how do they tell your dad ? Go to his door?

11 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Economical reasons for folk is def a big part of it. Maybe lay off things like releasing a third and fourth top, and let folk know beforehand and the reason why match day prices are going up this season instead of just springing it on fans.

I would say economical reasons are the reason why match day prices are going up 

1 hour ago, United1973 said:

So how do they tell your dad ? Go to his door?

The point he made earlier was, he’s not online and he he’s not online, there is no output from the club that would let him know.

Also, if you are a family in Ayr and are looking for something to do, would football spring to mind? Unless you think, Ayr have a professional association football club, I will research them on line and find out their next fixture, it’s not going happen.

It’s the reason there are chocolate bars at the till in supermarkets. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

The point he made earlier was, he’s not online and he he’s not online, there is no output from the club that would let him know.

Also, if you are a family in Ayr and are looking for something to do, would football spring to mind? Unless you think, Ayr have a professional association football club, I will research them on line and find out their next fixture, it’s not going happen.

Anyone who reads a paper will know there's football matches on and I'm also sure most people will know SOMEONE who actually watches Ayr, so if they were in any way interested they'd be able to find out about the games. Not to mention we've had lots of coverage on BBC Scotland over the past few years.

The reality is that our support is and has been around the 1,300 to 2,500 mark in the 36 years that I've been watching us, with it swinging slightly below 1300 when we're rubbish in the 3rd tier and slightly above the 2500 when we're doing well in the 2nd tier and playing a top side.

At the minute we're probably in the middle to higher end of the support curve which given the Economic climate and also the social attitudes of this era then I think we're actually doing pretty well.

The good thing is that there's lots of young kids now attending, although we seem to have lost a generation similar to most clubs and sports such such as Golf (the facebook and bedroom generation) but I don't think the club can do anything about that and in fairness we're connecting with the local schools and community groups which has to be a major plus, especially for the future.

13 hours ago, eez-eh said:

They can't expand the mailing list without seeking consent from people to pester them with marketing emails. GDPR is a thing.

The answer to that is not to do nothing. Put sign up links where people can find them, have opt-in checkboxes on the shop, lotto, ticket sales, etc. At least mention on the website that the mailing list exists!

This might be a false memory, but in the 90s could you not get a pocket sized fixture card? Just a folded over bit of card with all the games and space to fill in the scores?

Getting the word out that and engaging with the local communities is obviously a good thing, but that is not going to magically bump our attendances up by a significant amount. Unfortunately there are too many people locally who look down their nose at our club and aren't interested regardless of what the club does.

Also, the eyebleedingly bad football that was on display last season did not do anything to help us attract more fans.

Only thing that might significantly boost attendance is promotion. Playing exciting football would also be beneficial. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

First Day of the season proper today, will it be happiness or misery? What ever happens it will be a rollercoster of up and downs, but I can't wait MON AYR! 🏁⚽

Regardless of what happens, I've missed this. Although depending on how the first few matches go, I might wish the season would be finished in a month's time.

22 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Anyone who reads a paper will know there's football matches on and I'm also sure most people will know SOMEONE who actually watches Ayr, so if they were in any way interested they'd be able to find out about the games. Not to mention we've had lots of coverage on BBC Scotland over the past few years.

The reality is that our support is and has been around the 1,300 to 2,500 mark in the 36 years that I've been watching us, with it swinging slightly below 1300 when we're rubbish in the 3rd tier and slightly above the 2500 when we're doing well in the 2nd tier and playing a top side.

At the minute we're probably in the middle to higher end of the support curve which given the Economic climate and also the social attitudes of this era then I think we're actually doing pretty well.

The good thing is that there's lots of young kids now attending, although we seem to have lost a generation similar to most clubs and sports such such as Golf (the facebook and bedroom generation) but I don't think the club can do anything about that and in fairness we're connecting with the local schools and community groups which has to be a major plus, especially for the future.

The academy summer schools give the opportunity for any child in Ayrshire to play football under the watch of the club. The work the club is doing in the community is also building strong relationships with other groups.

Having deals with the race course and the rugby club can be mutually beneficial but if folk are taking their family to the Ayrshire bulls, can they afford to take them to the football as well? 
We need to promote the club more, the facilities and the experience as well. To try and get occasional visitors and then turn them in to regulars

Exactly this 💯........they need to sell the club more ...

Marketing of the club is terrible ..

I am currently in Cumnock and there is Cumnock juniors flyers and flags and adverts all over the town.....

Puts us to shame 

I think we have to take into account things like The Ayrshire Post and West FM are not really local any more, in days gone by when they needed content putting stuff about the local football club would be second nature, nowadays VOR does his best but your lucky if you have one page of content about the club a week.

The world has changed and not for the best because if your not online you can be left behind.

Edited by Superhursy7