The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

58 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I don’t understand why no one is addressing the elephant in the room….

When is the big screen being installed?

Aye, we need that for the VAR and don't forget the electronic scoreboard either.

At this point I could care less on the why… he’s gone and that’s that

me I would be starting Young Saturday with Smith then for the Tuesday against Falkirk start Syla (would not start Musonda Saturday but would test out a Musonda and Stanger pairing on Tuesday to see how they do)

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

me I would be starting Young Saturday with Smith then for the Tuesday against Falkirk start Syla (would not start Musonda Saturday but would test out a Musonda and Stanger pairing on Tuesday to see how they do)

Without being a doom merchant but if we lose at Arbroath on Saturday and then put out the cup by Falkirk on Tuesday night i can see an Alas Hopkin moment where it's a Tuesday night game at Somerset under the lights in September and there's chants of GTF Bullen

I hope i'm wrong though...

Edited by Rb123

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Arbroath really is a must win.   Can't be going in to a run of Queens Park / Partick / Raith while potentially already bottom

Defeats for us and Inverness at the weekend and it'll be tight run affair between Bullen and Dodds for who'll first get the sack

26 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

we on the other hand won’t be sacking bullen yet

I don't see smith sacking Bullen until we're too far gone to be rescued. Calls for Bullens head after a run of defeats and pish excuses. The statement getting released about Bullens departure. The search for a new management team.

Then all of a sudden, The limousine pulls up outside the hub, doors opening, smoke and doves flying out....

20230831001523.jpg

10 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I don't see smith sacking Bullen until we're too far gone to be rescued. Calls for Bullens head after a run of defeats and pish excuses. The statement getting released about Bullens departure. The search for a new management team.

Then all of a sudden, The limousine pulls up outside the hub, doors opening, smoke and doves flying out....

20230831001523.jpg

Find it a bit odd how literally nothing has been heard of him since February when Thistle sacked him, expected him to be back in the media but no sign of it.

I know our support made a mockery of his past with their choice of songs towards him after he left us but i do hope he hasn't ended up back in any sort of dark place in his life once again.

8 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Find it a bit odd how literally nothing has been heard of him since February when Thistle sacked him, expected him to be back in the media but no sign of it.

I know our support made a mockery of his past with their choice of songs towards him after he left us but i do hope he hasn't ended up back in any sort of dark place in his life once again.

He definitely plays a more watchable game than Bullen.

I too hope that he hasn't went back to that sort of way, he definitely isn't a terrible manager. I'd like to think he'd end up at a reasonable team in Scotland, if not heed Doon shuffling back in at Somerset after Bullen has been carted .....

4 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

He definitely plays a more watchable game than Bullen.

I too hope that he hasn't went back to that sort of way, he definitely isn't a terrible manager. I'd like to think he'd end up at a reasonable team in Scotland, if not heed Doon shuffling back in at Somerset after Bullen has been carted .....

Best manager we've had in my lifetime. Hope wherever he is he's having a great time.

49 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

He was still getting paid by Thistle until the summer anyway so couldn't take on any work. They had tried to get him on off the ball but he couldn't do it despite being on it a few times when he was Thistle manager. 

8 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Zambia play on Monday, so he might not even be at Arbroath on Saturday. 

8 hours ago, Hursty said:

Arbroath really is a must win.   Can't be going in to a run of Queens Park / Partick / Raith while potentially already bottom

Not sure Arbroath away is much of a different proposition to those other games. The ground and weather conditions up there make it a tricky place to visit

37 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Not sure Arbroath away is much of a different proposition to those other games. The ground and weather conditions up there make it a tricky place to visit

I’m pretty sure they won at home like twice last season - so yeah it should be a different proposition. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Zambia play on Monday, so he might not even be at Arbroath on Saturday. 

He should be available as Zambia play Comoros on the 9th and their training camp doesn't start until Monday. He'll miss Falkirk though.

7 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

He should be available as Zambia play Comoros on the 9th and their training camp doesn't start until Monday. He'll miss Falkirk though.

It's up for debate when the match takes place 

Screenshot_20230831-090421.png

Screenshot_20230831-090523.png