The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

38 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Burley’s biggest issues were, the club was skint after MacLeod spent a fortune on duds and the fact he didn’t have the same personality as MacLeod, he sounded almost apologetic at times. A bit like Kerr.

He also wasn’t helped by Stainrod coming in and slagging everything about him in a sheer lack of class. 

Burley always had something about him that Bullen doesn’t. 

Like the ability to step up and play at right back when needed 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What a wild 24 hrs. The VOR leaking it before the club announced it, the big bad Ayr fans headlines, and some of the names being mentioned to take over 🥴 all happening on "Blue Monday" as well. Some laugh 

How does it feel?

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What a wild 24 hrs. The VOR leaking it before the club announced it, the big bad Ayr fans headlines, and some of the names being mentioned to take over 🥴 all happening on "Blue Monday" as well. Some laugh 

You realise the club will have leaked it to VOR on the assumption he will have announced it last night. 

People losing their minds over this on Facebook and I can’t understand it. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It wasn’t needed though, a very competent and warm tribute, reflect on successes and pinpoint what ultimately cost him His job. Wish him all the best.

PS our support is full of c***s 

How do any of us know if it was needed? None of us know the extent of it.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

You realise the club will have leaked it to VOR on the assumption he will have announced it last night. 

People losing their minds over this on Facebook and I can’t understand it. 

Quite possibly, but my question would be why? Why not just announce it officially last night or wait until today and go through the "proper" outlets first? It's not like we require the media team to be working at the office to post things. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Quite possibly, but my question would be why? Why not just announce it officially last night or wait until today and go through the "proper" outlets first? It's not like we require the media team to be working at the office to post things. 

It’s usually give and take with journalists. They’ll write nice puff pieces every so often provided they get the occasional exclusive.

Aye, the media coverage isn't a surprise given the club statement.

It's always fascinating when a business has a pop at its customers. I don't think it's helpful and if you really believe in #weareunited asking the support to turn on one another is perhaps not the way to do it.

Had they added the caveat around the behaviour of a minority of fans or something similar I don't think it would have exploded as it has in the news tbh.

Also there is no context of what is being determined to be abuse by club management. Very strange indeed.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

How do any of us know if it was needed? None of us know the extent of it.

I mean there was no need on the initial post. They could have put one out tonight separately. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They maybe hadn’t informed the players. Someone was talking about it on Facebook apparently so it was obviously in the domain. 
The players should be told first before the general public I would think. 
Maybe a strategic thing. A soft - the club are expected to, rather than an official statement. 

VOR is literally the only journalist who got the scoop before the press release. Of course it was going to be published.

I doubt the club expected any strong reaction from the wider press. Local news for local people. No harm in letting the Ayrshire Post know as it's the only outlet which does more than the bare minimum of coverage of the club.

5 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I'm sure there'll be some form of sit down interview with Mathie or Smith being hastily filmed probably as we speak 

If it doesn't open with Callum asking in his usual chirpy way "So Lee Graeme, what went wrong?" I'll be genuinely gutted. 

20 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The media absolutely Iwelumo'd the opportunity to use the headline "Bully bullied".

'Scottish fans in vile ACAB taunt'

Just now, Hawk89 said:

If it doesn't open with Callum asking in his usual chirpy way "So Lee Graeme, what went wrong?" I'll be genuinely gutted. 

The strongest argument for not having a new manager at all is avoiding the introduction interview.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

The strongest argument for not having a new manager at all is avoiding the introduction interview.

Be interesting if any January signings are honest in theirs:

"So *random ex Morton or Inverness etc player* what do you know about Somerset Park and the famous Somerset Road End atmosphere"

"Well Callum, to be honest anytime I've played here recently the atmosphere has been shite and we've usually come away with a comfortable enough 3 points so I've always enjoyed it"