The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Looks like this game is going ahead 🤮

Think you're maybe reading a bit too much into advertising for the club bar....

Think the national travel warnings and weather forecast maybe more relevant !!

1 minute ago, DUAFC said:

Think you're maybe reading a bit too much into advertising for the club bar....

Think the national travel warnings and weather forecast maybe more relevant !!

We played Arbroath last season in farcical conditions. Cancelled a Fri night game v ICT literally as the turnstiles were opening. Seems storm and travel warnings are just blocked out when it comes to getting games on 😂

31 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ahhh, the Burnley partnership.

I wish them well. It was a magical journey while it lasted and I've got wonderful memories of the partnership. It really transformed the club and lifted the mood.

Hide contents

Am I doing it right? VOR?

Not enough use of the word 'legacy'. Must try harder.

We played Meadowbank at Somerset once where the rain was so heavy you could barely see the 18 yard line through it from The Somerset road end(the physical space, not the Facebook group) Ayr won 7-0. The Meadowbank keeper had an absolute nightmare. As did one of the wingers who got barged into a huge puddle in the red ash next to the north terrace. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

We played Meadowbank at Somerset once where the rain was so heavy you could barely see the 18 yard line through it from The Somerset road end(the physical space, not the Facebook group) Ayr won 7-0. The Meadowbank keeper had an absolute nightmare. As did one of the wingers who got barged into a huge puddle in the red ash next to the north terrace. 

I remember that. The whole touchline was a puddle and the winger was straight in😂

I imagine the Arbroath players have had to take a half day just so they can get down for this, and yet there's a a travel warning and winds predicted to be around 50mph from 7pm

Seems stupid no-ones just said hold on, this isn't the best idea.

I wasn't at that game but seeing Ayr win 7-0 on ceefax is one of my early football memories. When did we last score 7? I'm thinking a league cup game under McCall against either Stenhousemuir or Berwick? Before that maybe the 7-1 against Stranraer under Dalziel?

Just now, Iain said:

I wasn't at that game but seeing Ayr win 7-0 on ceefax is one of my early football memories. When did we last score 7? I'm thinking a league cup game under McCall against either Stenhousemuir or Berwick? Before that maybe the 7-1 against Stranraer under Dalziel?

Aye Berwick game we scored 7.

Can't remember scoring 7 any other time since I've been going. Few 6s but no 7s.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

I've never seen us score 7 but one of my earliest football related crushing disappointments was us conceding 7 at Hampden.

I might have cried.

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

the 7-1 against Stranraer under Dalziel

Early kick off as it was a Scotland game later that day iirc.
Went in 2-1 at half time and I thought this has been hard work so far, as we'd bee 1 down early on.

IIRC Hugh Dallas was the ref and John Robertson chipped their keeper from out on the standside wing.

Edited by Peil

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

Arbroath will be fizzing if this gets to like 5pm until it's postponed