The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'd love to know who at the club thinks that it's a good idea to even try get this going ahead.  Taking away the safety aspect, to expect people to pay to watch a game where winds are expected to get up to around 65mph is astonishing and tells you what they think of the paying fan.

Just now, Rodders1910 said:

Was planning on going tonight but unable now as trains are off at 7, hope the games aff

I was planning on driving, but as I get older and more sensible, the thought of bouncing up and down the 77 in a hurricane loses it's appeal

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I'd love to know who at the club thinks that it's a good idea to even try get this going ahead.  Taking away the safety aspect, to expect people to pay to watch a game where winds are expected to get up to around 65mph is astonishing and tells you what they think of the paying fan.

I would imagine it'll be to do with the fact Arbroath are bringing down local fisherman to fill the bench for them

It would be very Ayr United for us to insist this gets played in farcical conditions because we expect Arbroath to be struggling with numbers through injuries, only for us to lose it.

18 minutes ago, AuAl said:

It would be very Ayr United for us to insist this gets played in farcical conditions because we expect Arbroath to be struggling with numbers through injuries, only for us to lose it.

We lost the game to them last winter when it was farcical conditions. 

Were 1-0 up and then second half they got the wind behind them and won 2-1 I'm pretty sure.

Was a cross from virtually the pitchside of the North Terracing that flew straigh into the top corner because of the wind

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

We lost the game to them last winter when it was farcical conditions. 

Were 1-0 up and then second half they got the wind behind them and won 2-1 I'm pretty sure.

Was a cross from virtually the pitchside of the North Terracing that flew straigh into the top corner because of the wind

It finished 2-2. McGinty scored late on.

1 hour ago, Peil said:

Early kick off as it was a Scotland game later that day iirc.
Went in 2-1 at half time and I thought this has been hard work so far, as we'd bee 1 down early on.

IIRC Hugh Dallas was the ref and John Robertson chipped their keeper from out on the standside wing.

Stanraer's goal came from a corner that Dallas awarded even though the ball never crossed the bye line. Still angry at him for that.