The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Another good thing today -

The place was rocking. We had what felt like our biggest home attendance in a good while 2,100+ and a decent away support 800+ which made for a good atmosphere.

Keep playing like that and more people will come through the gate. We need to be positive at home. Something the previous three incumbents in the dugout never understood.

I'm feeling delirious with positivity. I had forgotten what it felt like!

Strange game that. Felt we were all over them for a bit after the goal, then it seemed to be endless corners for them 1st half. Second half I thought it was mostly Dundee Utd chances but we had a few as well. 

McGeady is definitely in the Maguire/Beattie/Kyle category for me. Passing to a Dundee Utd player at close range soon after he came on summed him up these days.

Don't know about publicly on the post match interviews, but certainly Brown was putting Albinson at fault for both goals 

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The place was rocking. We had what felt like our biggest home attendance in a good while 2,100+ and a decent away support 800+ which made for a good atmosphere.

Keep playing like that and more people will come through the gate. We need to be positive at home. Something the previous three incumbents in the dugout never understood.

We can talk about this and build that (not a negative, massive positive) but a good, attractive product on the pitch is what will get people through the gate. We need to capitalise on the feel good factor and keep Somerset park  an entertaining prospect. 

31 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Don't know about publicly on the post match interviews, but certainly Brown was putting Albinson at fault for both goals 

By my count that is four he's been responsible for against Dundee United. 

20 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Ta for sharing that.

Still an encouraging performance overall and a great improvement under Broony, but the two goal’s don’t shower Albinson in glory tbh. Not a great view from SRE this afternoon but highlights confirm this, particularly goal number 2. 

Edited by Highland Exile

How on earth can Albinson go from the saves he made in the first half to those complete and utter brainfart moments in the 2nd 

The 2nd goal is a nice finish from Doc but he's clearly got his bearings all wrong as he's pulled his hands away as if he doesn't want to put it out for a corner and let it hit the side netting instead. Unfortunately it was the other side of the post it went by...

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Brad Young on Alba saying Bullyball wasn't for him, me either mate.  

I liked Young. Reminded me a bit of Craig Moore and I agree we didn’t seem to get the best out of him. 

I think had he stayed last season he would have made a far bigger contribution than Chris Maguire. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Sounds like a great defeat. Well done.

Those goals are terrible from Albinson.  

He was really good in the first half so it's not like he was having an iffy game, don't get it.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Those goals are terrible from Albinson.  

He was really good in the first half so it's not like he was having an iffy game, don't get it.  

Lack of concentration.

disappointed to come away with nothing from that game, good amount of positivies to come out from that game, Stanger had a great game at CB as well as playing RB crying shame the ref was poor and he got two yellows without doing a foul while Sibbald did around 7 fouls and got away free, seeing that one clip on the Ayr vs Dundee United form of McAllister just laughing at Moult secures him as a favourite of mine he's not the best but he has pure dedication/shithousery and i love that kind of player (also him telling one of the ball person to calm it down throwing the ball to him 3 minutes in got a laugh out of me)

Syla had a much better game from last week but did still have the occasional poor pass but hopefully he continues to improve, Dempsey was back to his best, Bryden may have found a new position he did well driving foward but also being a menace coming back, McKenzie continues to play well and Dowds was deserving MOTM he has the strength of Adeloye and the pace/engine of Akinyemi thou probably lacks the goal scoring of those two. can't say i say much of McHugh or Willoughby but hopefully they get chances soon enough

keep playing like this and we should (hopefully) stay up this season