The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 08/03/2024 at 14:15, Thereisalight.. said:

Speaking about reserves. What's happening with that semi final (iirc) that we got to by beating Killie earlier in the season? 

Notice SPFL site now has it's listed as Livi away on the 26th March.

What a weird league this is.  It looks like Dunfermline are hitting a bit of form at the right time.  Good chance we will be in 9th spot this time tomorrow.  I am concerned that Brown still doesn’t know his best team and we are giving away too many easy goals.  We need to get ourselves out of danger and not depend on others losing.

Edited by stevep56

8 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

Aye, defeat tomorrow and I'll be expecting relegation

Tomorrow is absolutely huge, not just in terms of the individual result but in terms of building momentum and playing into some form. Another poor loss and I don’t see where we go from there…

On 05/03/2024 at 22:36, itzdrk said:

Bit of keeping the heid needed over the next 18 days.  Think we will find ourselves 9th one way or the other by the next home game and there's not huge amounts we can do about it :lol:

Polite reminder 

Dunfermline were always going to get stronger as they got players back from injury.  Inverness will no doubt kick us off the park again today (for the 300th time in living memory) and Morton will do likewise, so we’ll really need to take big points against Airdrie, Queens Park and Arbroath.  

In the end, you can only spend the money you’ve got, but I really thought the Rangers windfall would give us some room to bring in some quality in the transfer window.  Not sure we’re helping ourselves at times though - the starting lineup at Dunfermline was a joke.  Hopefully Brown has learned that it’s ok to put an extra man in the middle of the park some of the time.  Chalmers has been pretty poor since about October, but he is surely a better option than Bryden.   Clarke looks an absolute bombscare too, so hopefully we can bury the hatchet with Albinson.

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Polite reminder 

I mean, given results going in our favour last week, I think there is quite a lot we can do about it…

A poor performance and result today and alarm bells will quite rightly be beginning to sound again. 

11 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Polite reminder 

I'm more interested to see how well our manager keeps the heid. Quite early in his career and been put in a difficult position despite getting results that would probably be enough in any other league. Quick to wield the axe if you have a bad performance and gets involved from the touchline like he's still on the pitch. ICT seemingly have all sorts of issues off the field so a draw minimum is needed today. Will be a tough few weeks ahead and lets hope he can find a settled team 

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Rangers, Hearts, Dundee, Livingston, Gretna and Airdrie would like to speak to you. 

Those clubs are a harsh lesson in what happens when you spend money you haven’t got!  I remember us having to pay juniors little more than beer money back in the mid 2000s just to make up a team.  Buying short term success that leads to that is pointless. 

15 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Those clubs are a harsh lesson in what happens when you spend money you haven’t got!  I remember us having to pay juniors little more than beer money back in the mid 2000s just to make up a team.  Buying short term success that leads to that is pointless. 

Yep. Those were absolutely dire days to be an Ayr fan. Some Ayr teams those were.

I've said it before but in any other industry you would be called a fucking idiot for throwing money at something that you had no chance of ever making back.  Why some people seem to think that's a good business model for a football club is a complete mystery.

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

Need to stay a bit phlegmatic about things today, long way to go whatever the result.

Guess who just learned a new word today. 

This squad doesn't fill me with hope. Chucking goals in every match doesn't help. We're over reliant on Murphy to produce every week which he's not going to be able to do. No attacking intent from midfield.

I can't wait for this season to end with us hopefully in 8th place.

14 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

This squad doesn't fill me with hope. Chucking goals in every match doesn't help. We're over reliant on Murphy to produce every week which he's not going to be able to do. No attacking intent from midfield.

I can't wait for this season to end with us hopefully in 8th place.

Aye I can’t wait till we hopefully limp to 8th place and have a clear out in the summer. Only players I’d be gutted to see leave is Chalmers and Murphy. Luckily Murphy is signed up.