The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, North Terrace Gazza said:

With all these injuries it’s beginning to look like a poor strategy letting Ecrepoint go and loaning out Rose. These decisions could’ve cost us our league survival 

The Rose one is a bit harsh as ultimately his replacement got injured. The Ecrepont decision is a shocker though. 

54 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Josh Clarke also deserves some credit for a couple of bits of brilliant goalkeeping.

That save in the first half was top drawer. When it was hit I thought 'that's in' - couldn't believe Josh got a hand to it. Brilliant goalkeeping! 

Didn't see that coming after seeing starting 11 last night. Massive win and glorious that despite being having numerous injuries that fascist mob couldn't stop us making it 4/4 against them.

Dowds and McGinty put in greater performances. Clarke's save in 1st half looks better with each viewing.

Couldn't really see it from Somerset road end but after watching highlights, how the f*ck is that 2 footed lunge on McHugh not a straight red. I'd heard Munro was a clown of a referee but that was an eye opener to his incompetence.

Speaking of terrible refs, I went down a YouTube rabbit hole this morning and ended up watching highlights of our 4-3 cup win over Motherwell in 2000. Literally none of their goals should have counted. The first doesn't come close to crossing the line, the second is offside and the third is a clear dive for a penalty. Ours were all fine. Extremely satisfying to see Reynolds crunch Nevin at the end as well. 🤦🏻‍♂️😀

3 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

With all these injuries it’s beginning to look like a poor strategy letting Ecrepoint go and loaning out Rose. These decisions could’ve cost us our league survival 

I saw Rose there last night. During the first half I was actually wishing he was an option from the bench!

Edited by Thereisalight..

3 hours ago, Iain said:

Done more to promote AUFC than AUFC have done to promote AUFC the past few years! I'm not a fan vblogs, if that's what you call them, but this guy is pretty sound.

Edit... do you think he wants a media job? I hope to feck there's a few available in 6 games time!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

18 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

but this guy is pretty sound.

I agree. Sometimes they're a bit cheesy but unlike the mainstream media, he's not all about the Old Firm. Covers all levels of the game in Scotland and his heart's in the right place.

I know we rip into Mcallister at times as he’s not the best player. One thing you can praise him for is  that he always gives his all, he’s taken a few knocks at times but always wants to play on and through the pain barrier. 

I thought he played brilliantly last night out of position although I don’t want to see him playing there week in week out 

21 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Those of you who are good at the points totalling up stuff... what do we see as favourable results for us today? 

Arbroath and The pars a draw or an Arbroath win

Queens and Morton a draw would do just fine.

6 points clear of Inverness but mingin goal difference.

Game in hand.

6 games to go.

Would be AMAZING if results could go our way again next week please.

All roads lead to Kirkcaldy 🖤🤍🖤🤍

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

6 points clear of Inverness but mingin goal difference.

Game in hand.

6 games to go.

Would be AMAZING if results could go our way again next week please.

All roads lead to Kirkcaldy 🖤🤍🖤🤍

Only five left for Inverness, going to run out of games soon.

Edited by Iain

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Four more points should do it now you would think…

Beat Arbroath and Morton and that would probably be enough but could see us picking up a few more. No reason why we can't get something vs Raith, Dundee United and Partick.

As long as we're safe with a few games to go I'll take it.

7 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

Beat Arbroath and Morton and that would probably be enough but could see us picking up a few more. No reason why we can't get something vs Raith, Dundee United and Partick.

As long as we're safe with a few games to go I'll take it.

Can’t see us needing as much as 44 points to finish 8th.  40/41 ought to be enough.  Looks like we’ll be heavily compromised by injuries for the rest of the season unfortunately.  Hopefully Raith’s bubble is burst after today and we can sneak something up there.