The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

So far 16 signed up with 5 you can't rely on being involved starting 11 or even bench and don't expect McGeady to carry on and don't see Rose staying.  Think signings will be more likely in the 8-10 range.  

The year is 2049 and Ayr United are delighted to announce the signing of 19 year old Nigel Nobody from South of Carlisle FC.  Nigel was on the books of Around London FC as a youngster.  Nigel becomes the twelfth summer signing as we look ........................  

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

They obviously won’t word as such but they can absolutely word it in a way where a player will accept it. No player is appealing that to stay at a club where they aren’t wanted. 

As for the weird grudge comment, if you don’t want me to reply to your posts in disagreement I don’t know what you’re expecting. 

Most of your reply’s to me are condescending or snide where you have either read them with an agenda or just haven’t understood them and go on the attack. It’s boring. 

To your first point. You have basically agreed to my initial post about it. 

So in the case of Reading and McCallister, is there grounds to release the players based on the last 3 months, if the players get mid-yearly reviews? Reading is injured so you’d look at the last 6 months. No. 

So if they were going to release them, they would have to justify it to them in a way they accept. 

In real life, I got a new boss who wanted me to leave to allow her to employ someone in her office. I said no. 
She then tried to force me to leave, I didn’t. I went to a lawyer and left a very happy man. 
My performance was good. My performance as a basic employee was flawless with my time in the company. If I wanted to leave, I would have. I didn’t and I’m not one for being bullied. Other people did just leave when they were told and didn’t realise they didn’t have to. 

21 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Chances of McGinley playing this season? What a disaster that sums up our transfers this season.

He reminds me of Steve Cooper we signed from Airdrie. 
he’d been out for months before we signed him, didn’t play for us all season and when he left, he said he was surprised Ayr signed him because when he ran it looked like he was using a skateboard. He retired after leaving Ayr and died shortly after. 

At least they will have got a decent look at him in the time he’s been here and make a call on signing him for next year. He probably needs a good pre-season in him somewhere. 

are McAllister and Reading good enough to be starting Full Backs for the Championship: probably not no

but i would much rather keep them and focus on only having to bring in 1/2 Full Backs then 3/4, as people have said Reading has somewhat improved compared to last season and for me personally i would give him another chance maybe, McAllister meanwhile is a good versatile Squad Player, as long as we sign competition for both of them next season i don't have a problem with them keeping them on for next season, but knowing how our signings have been rather devil you know then the devil you don't

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

are McAllister and Reading good enough to be starting Full Backs for the Championship: probably not no

but i would much rather keep them and focus on only having to bring in 1/2 Full Backs then 3/4, as people have said Reading has somewhat improved compared to last season and for me personally i would give him another chance maybe, McAllister meanwhile is a good versatile Squad Player, as long as we sign competition for both of them next season i don't have a problem with them keeping them on for next season, but knowing how our signings have been rather devil you know then the devil you don't

We went out of the window with Tomlinson and McGinley as cover for full backs. Both had question marks over suitability. Reading and McCallister had question marks over quality. If we were East Kilbride, we’d just sign another four. We can’t afford to carry players so not signing duds is key. 
We need to go in to nest season with 2 full backs that are either better than or have the potential to be better than the two by the end of the season. 

At some points of the game last night I sat looking over to the NT and convinced myself that the front row won't see over the wall 🤣 it must be an optical illusion as that 1st row between the Heineken and Mr Basrai sign looks "restricted view" if you're a short arse 

53 minutes ago, Andy_AUFC said:

Chances of McGinley playing this season? What a disaster that sums up our transfers this season.

Luckily it is a pay as you play contract.  Wonder how much he got for his 10 minute cameo at Dunfermline.

42 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

In real life, I got a new boss who wanted me to leave to allow her to employ someone in her office. I said no. 
She then tried to force me to leave, I didn’t. I went to a lawyer and left a very happy man. 
My performance was good. My performance as a basic employee was flawless with my time in the company. If I wanted to leave, I would have. I didn’t and I’m not one for being bullied. Other people did just leave when they were told and didn’t realise they didn’t have to. 

Were you out of contract though...?

2 hours ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Good.  We need to get to a point where minimal incoming players are quality additions, rather than a wholesale influx of 'projects'

Tend to agree with this . If we can sign a quality full back that can play both side like Liam Smith we could just about get bye at fullback . 

15 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Were you out of contract though...?

Technically they tried to say the job did not exist in the UK any more so I was effectively redundant. With only one person impacted, there is no requirement for a consultant period. Effectively, here is a months wages, Ta Ta. 

Hoping McAllister and Reading getting extensions is more for squad depth/competition for places than with them being our first choice wing backs next season.

It’s been obvious for a couple of seasons that these are two areas that badly need addressed and we’ve always lacked depth there.

1 minute ago, ComradeDiego said:

Hoping McAllister and Reading getting extensions is more for squad depth/competition for places than with them being our first choice wing backs next season.

It’s been obvious for a couple of seasons that these are two areas that badly need addressed and we’ve always lacked depth there.

I can't see us signing two starting fullbacks if they two are signed up for next season.

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I can't see us signing two starting fullbacks if they two are signed up for next season.

I think if the idea is to go with 5 at the back with an experienced sweeper brought in, then  Paddy might be okay .

59 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

At some points of the game last night I sat looking over to the NT and convinced myself that the front row won't see over the wall 🤣 it must be an optical illusion as that 1st row between the Heineken and Mr Basrai sign looks "restricted view" if you're a short arse 

Certainly an optical illusion, anyone over about 2 foot  tall can see over the wall 

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

And then when one or both get injured we just put centre halves out there?

No viable by any stretch.

the Tomlinson experiment appears to have failed, and McGinlay won’t be here next season so it would be incredibly short sighted for the club not to bring in some cover/competition for those areas..

Then again we’ve been saying this for 2 year at least.

i think Tomlinson's thing is he's got a lot of potential but he's not there yet, he probably needs to go out on loan next season for guranteed starts, i don't think he works as a Full back for certain, but as a potential Wing Back? maybe 

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Heard last night of an imminent extension for a certain injured left back in the next few weeks....

TO BE FAIR.. Reading did appear to have come on leaps and bounds in the first few weeks under Brown and we were looking really good down the left hand side with Murphy and Reading before he got injured.

He was consistently in Scotland U19's/U21's playing with Harvie so there's clearly a player in there somewhere 

8 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

One of the other things i've thought for the switch of ends is Brown doesn't want the away teams shooting towards their supporters in the 2nd half?

If that is the thinking, I'd love to see him get behind the idea of having home fans use all 3 sides of the terracing when the away support is relatively small, once the NT is open and we can all move round.

Not possible in games against clubs that'll bring more than a couple hundred, but I really like having the away support in stand / enclosure and having the terracing being used for home supporters - feels like an extra advantage. 

In the grand scheme of things it might not make much difference, but from a fans poitn of view i think its great.

Edited by AUcal