The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Mind the days of starting the seaon with 'trialist' on the team sheet..... lol! This will be the season Broony makes.or brakes his career in Scottish football, if he's been given the funds and free rein, as he looks to have been.... then it's all down to him, witty and Timmo ⚫⚪️ What a difference from last season, where all I was waiting on was L.B. being sacked!

24 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Spine of the team is worrying me at the moment. 

You can have all the attacking players you want, they’ll do f**k all if you don’t have the ball. 

On the Walker signing, it looks like we are signing players trying to avoid playing in the national leagues rather than players trying to get out of it, which is an improvement. 

Ooft. Didn't expect someone so late in the day. Good stuff. I asked for additional winger so happy thats sorted.

If we can get a RB, CB and CM by the time the league starts, we are set up very well imo. 

Edited by AUcal

I think it's a bit early to go dreaming of the title. You have to imagine that on the pitch the goal is now a definite playoff spot and off it it's to finally improve home gates (matchday revenue will go through the roof anyway with the new stand / hospitality but there's no innate reason The Grangemouth Stadium can have 200,000 home fans every week and Somerset can't).

It would also not be a surprise to spend some time at the top of the table, whereas even with Uncle Ian and Saint Lawrence you were always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Certainly more optimistic about this than about sitting in a fucking hotel room in Liverpool tomorrow night watching Switzerland score about five.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

If we are not playing this at Somerset Park over the tannoy at every home game, are we even alive!!!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8RUO9zgcps/?igsh=aGN6dTRsM2ZxZWZ4

The single good thing about moving out of NL is that I will never, ever have to listen to Dutch party music ever again without being able to get it stopped by phoning the polis.

Edited by Thumper

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I think it's a bit early to go dreaming of the title. You have to imagine that on the pitch the goal is now a definite playoff spot and off it it's to finally improve home gates (matchday revenue will go through the roof anyway with the new stand / hospitality but there's no innate reason The Grangemouth Stadium can have 200,000 home fans every week and Somerset can't).

It would also not be a surprise to spend some time at the top of the table, whereas even with Uncle Ian and Saint Lawrence you were always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Certainly more optimistic about this than about sitting in a fucking hotel room in Liverpool tomorrow night watching Switzerland score about five.

Difference being previously there has always been a big hitter in the league who if not top by Christmas will go out and buy a full new team. We don’t have that this year, we have a Livingston team that may have financial issues in the background. There is nobody to be scared of in this league. 

This is magnificent stuff this 😊 Thoroughly enjoying a new signing every other day, the wee man is definitely excited for the season coming.

Long gone are the days of scraping the barrel for signings, looking at the lower leagues for players or indeed, in Dryhorce's case, looking at tall northern Irish players 😂

Winning the league? I've not got that amount of confidence yet. Giving Celtic a hard time at Somerset? 100% belief 👍

Kanayo Megwa seems to have been mentioned too, not sure if there's any truth to it or just a name being plucked from the air

Certainly Hibs connections there with Brown, Whittaker and Mathie

Edited by Rb123

2 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

There is nobody to be scared of in this league. 

It's really funny to me that ICT had Ayr's number for absolutely years and then Hopkin of all people managed to break their jinx and seemingly that was enough to bury them within a couple of seasons.

9 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Kanayo Megwa seems to have been mentioned too, not sure if there's any truth to it or just a name being plucked from the air

Certainly Hibs connections there with Brown, Whittaker and Mathie

Think he did ok for Airdrie this season, he’s contracted for another season at hibs though so would require a fee or a loan or release