The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Iain said:

I think they need to work with a combination of Bavidge and McKenzie until January, then reassess when there are more options available. No point using budget on someone now in a very limited market unless they're a clear upgrade.

i think this as well, McKenzie physical enough to play the role Dowds does but obviously the finishing/footballing ability is what lacks there, as for Bavidge he's just a different option but more of a prospect then an actual first teamer, i think it really depends on who we are playing, i'd argue McKenzie might be better starting against Falkirk and Livi in the coming weeks just for his fitness and running then you can bring on Bavidge to run at the tired defence

8 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Kirk and Musonda was our best partnership in years. I can't understand why the guy hasn't got a club, maybe he's injured and we don't know about it?

Kirk came on as a sub in Bromley's play off win at the end of last season and was MoM. At the time they were keen to sign him for their League Two campaign so really strange he's not fixed up.

6 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Kirk came on as a sub in Bromley's play off win at the end of last season and was MoM. At the time they were keen to sign him for their League Two campaign so really strange he's not fixed up.

He was out in Portugal at a pre season camp so probably did more than Devlin. Would be disappointed if Mathie hadn't at least asked his agent given Kirk's partner is in Edinburgh so moving back up here might suit him.

33 minutes ago, Iain said:

I think they need to work with a combination of Bavidge and McKenzie until January, then reassess when there are more options available. No point using budget on someone now in a very limited market unless they're a clear upgrade.

I'd actually agree with that.    Bavidge certainly comes highly rated and is a regular in the Scotland 19s squad that we are delighted Watret just made - there's still a good chance he might come good especially now with Rus back making the midfield instantly more dynamic and creative 

that being said did toy about with a 4-2-3-1 only assumed Rus would be back into the team but thought a line up like this against Morton

image.png.cb924030afcdd7b88aac6b313026e49f.png

Bench: McIntyre, Musonda, Howley, Walker, Bavidge, McKenzie, Hislop

Edited by muZZa__44

7 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

The biggest issue is now if he doesn’t get it. The consensus is he’s applied for it, if he doesn’t go it’s not going to go down well with the majority of the fans. I don’t imagine he’s going to be top of Smiths Christmas card list. 

Consensus ?  Don't talk romantic.

31 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Have I missed an update on McMann, has he had a set back? because I thought he should be back imminently.

I doubt there will be an update unless Brown is asked specifically as we don't tend to do them.  I'd guess mid to end of October for a return based on the set back but someone else has suggested worse so I'm hoping I'm right!

4 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I really think we need 2 bodies in asap, Kirk and Adeloye- the latter can’t be that far off fit and is proven at this level and the former is unreal for this level expensive I know but if we want to challenge that’s what we need 

please stop this Adoloye nonsense.

He was less than mediocore for us at a real low point and does not fit anywhere in where we are or where we are going.

The club are thinking bigger and we should all be too.

It looks a hugely embarrassing episode for Brown if true. Someone would have leaked the specifics. either his agent or someone at St Johnstone. It has became public knowledge, he found out that it wasn't an exclusive approach, he's told his employer that he wants to speak to another about leaving and then pulls out because it wasn't a coronation. 

What knock on effect does this have for him, a team of players he sold the club to, that he tries to leave two months in to the season, how will the "intense training" go if they think he doesn't want to be there? In the same week we have lost Dowds and McMann, the timing couldn't be worse. 

What about the support, 3 draws, a dip in form and a treatment room that has became like an A&E on old firm day.
If we lose on Saturday, will people start to turn on him if it looks like his heart isn't in it? 

He really needs to nip all gossip in the bud, get the team winning again. 

13 minutes ago, Rayfine said:

please stop this Adoloye nonsense.

He was less than mediocore for us at a real low point and does not fit anywhere in where we are or where we are going.

The club are thinking bigger and we should all be too.

He scored 12 goals in a dismal Ayr team.  I guess the argument is it would be interesting to see what he could do with quality like Rus, Murphy and Henderson round about him.  Personally I think he’s a better all round player than Oakley (who looked frighteningly static without Dowds against Queens Park), but it’s not happening so it’s all a moot point.