The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, Trogdor said:

He can only play for us and Dundee United for the remainder of this season.

Unless you are worried Hearts sign him to take him off us? However, he would then sit for the next few months training but being unable to play first team football.

I forgot about the two club rule, Neilson signed him from St Mirren I think and he'll know what he can do in this league but he'll also know what he has not been capable of doing in the Premier. it would have been a no-brainer for them to sign a proven player at this level to get them over the line sooner. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, just saw that!

Actually wasn’t sure if he would be a good signing or not at our level given he has failed to score here previously, so surprised at him getting a top league side! 

11 goals and a Championship winners medal with St Mirren the last time he was in the league. You can't put a price on that sort of experience. With his style of play and physicality, I think he would've been perfect for us, not to be unfortunately. 

We're too nice as a group generally. That needs to change regardless of who comes in. 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Innes Cameron’s loan is up this month isn’t it?

Are we likely to extend it or will he be allowed to return to Kilmarnock?

Hope he goes tbh, no into him. 

24 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

11 goals and a Championship winners medal with St Mirren the last time he was in the league. You can't put a price on that sort of experience. With his style of play and physicality, I think he would've been perfect for us, not to be unfortunately. 

We're too nice as a group generally. That needs to change regardless of who comes in. 

Agree, we need an absolute raging dickhead.  

Hope he goes tbh, no into him. 

Nah me either
Agree, we need an absolute raging dickhead.  

Andy Rodgers just been released from East Stirling. You’d struggle to find a bigger dickhead than him.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Kerr targeting a Centre Back and a Striker this window. Wants striker to be in the mould of Aaron Drinan. 

If it’s true that the centre back is Ndaba then this will do nothing to fix our problems. We need experience, particularly in midfield.

It's funny how current sentiment affects peoples perspectives, this time last year many on here appeared almost devastated when the plug was pulled on the Ndaba loan due to him being ineligible, however you could argue that we're currently in even more need of him now but some have written him off already.

Remember, he has already trained with us so we have an idea of what we're getting and for all that he's young he clearly has potential, so given our problems I think he's certainly worth a try.

I appreciate he's still young and inexperienced but then again he may have the mentality of a leader irrespective of his age and inexperience similar to someone like Daniel Harvie ??

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I forgot about the two club rule, Neilson signed him from St Mirren I think and he'll know what he can do in this league but he'll also know what he has not been capable of doing in the Premier. it would have been a no-brainer for them to sign a proven player at this level to get them over the line sooner. 

Yeah, its exacerbated  this season because the prem started before us so a number of loanees got game time for their parent clubs before our league even began and it means loads of them are in this position. I'm surprised it wasn't eased given covid-19 but I think its a FIFA rule.

As an aside... caught some highlights of the Queens game there. What in the name of f**k is Murdoch doing at their second goal? He just gives up. Worrying that Kerr is singling him out for praise.

I think he did make the point in saying he was baffled as to why you don’t just take the foul and that teams would do the same to us.

Not what I was expecting in terms of  targets but he knows better than us right enough, at least I think he does.

Obviously keen on  N'daba since for a while now, was it not mentioned he can play centre mid too, least that would put some pace in there.

23 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Gives us more options could even go 3 at the back with wing backs and keep Roscoe on the bench 

Oooft , Roscoe just going to do it . He’ll be off to Albion Rovers .

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Yes, did well with St Mirren - however struggled prior to that with Dunfermline. In all honesty, I can’t really remember his style of play. Irrelevant now anyway! 

Ndaba would be a very good signing, definite improvement on Roscoe, could allow us to possibly play a back 3 of Muirhead/Baird/Ndaba with Houston/Reading as full backs. Would be only way to accommodate those 5 who i'd say should all be starting 11 players, unless Muirhead could into CDM role. Only  worry about Ndaba is there are further signing loopholes just now with lockdown and also Covid testing i believe, have to remember the Ipswich squad had an outbreak of Covid only a few weeks ago so last thing we want happening is him unknowingly bringing it up here into our club "bubble"

With Kerr saying he's hoping to get a striker of same calibre as Drinan that makes it sound like we won't be signing him again. Only guy in Scotland i'd see fitting that criteria would be Jordan White but he's getting plenty of game time at Motherwell so seems unrealistic. Looks as if it'll need to be a loan from down south or early release player. 

On Cammy Smith, the only danger we have is Dundee United decide they need him for second half of season or a club like Hearts could come in now and sign him up on a pre-contract i'm sure while he's still on loan at us. His loan was only until January anyway but unsure if it was beginning or end of month so might see movement on that soon. 

On Innes Cameron, i don't know what the script is with him, McCardle spoke last week about him being in the final recovery phase of his injury which to me sounded like someone who isn't about to go back to their parent club, the boy hasn't really been given a chance up until now and with Anderson away, Elgin in the cup would be a good opportunity to play him, if he's fit. Think he'd be useful to keep until end of season just for numbers because if Kerr is looking for just one striker and we lose Cameron and Anderson then that leaves up very short up front with basically one out and out striker and also Moff as really a No 10 nowadays, unless he knows Moore is due back soon or something. 

And on the ones who are underwhelmed with him only wanting two signings, it's January, the last window only shut in October, we invested a lot in big name signings then and with zero income for the club it's coo coo land stuff to think there was going to be this massive rotating door of dealings this month with about 3/4 leaving and 4/5 coming in. Some people have to get real, January historically is always a quiet month for us, even in McCall's last full season all we could muster was Calvin Miller and Nicky Cadden which weren't McCall's targets for that month. In saying that those two players should have probably worked better for us than they did.