The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Whatever way you slice it, it’ll come back to the summer recruitment. Young players will crumble under pressure and whilst we had a good 35 minutes or so in the first half we capitulated after the second goal. All the four goals were the result of switching off for a minute but that’s usually going to result in a goal. 

At the end of the day Bullen will carry the can as he’s the head coach but you’re still left with the same group of players and they need confidence, badly and despite a good couple of spells tonight they won’t take any confidence from a 4-0 drubbing. 

Only thing I can really disagree with is that I thought Rose looked okay. He was a decent presence and was winning headers and stretching the Thistle defence. It’s clear he isn’t a goal scorer and we badly need someone who’s clinical in the box.

I'm not sure how much the first half was Ayr playing quite well, and how much was just Logan Chalmers having Thistle's dreadful left back on toast. Anything they created came from him in that area, there wasn't really much else in the way of good play.

I don't know enough about Ayr's squad, but when you have strikers as bad as Ayr why are they playing a system that starts 2 of them?

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Whatever way you slice it, it’ll come back to the summer recruitment. Young players will crumble under pressure and whilst we had a good 35 minutes or so in the first half we capitulated after the second goal. All the four goals were the result of switching off for a minute but that’s usually going to result in a goal. 

At the end of the day Bullen will carry the can as he’s the head coach but you’re still left with the same group of players and they need confidence, badly and despite a good couple of spells tonight they won’t take any confidence from a 4-0 drubbing. 

Only thing I can really disagree with is that I thought Rose looked okay. He was a decent presence and was winning headers and stretching the Thistle defence. It’s clear he isn’t a goal scorer and we badly need someone who’s clinical in the box.

As much as I completely agree with the rest, Rose was awful. No first touch, can’t hold it up and can’t finish. He maybe had one positive moment where he made a good run, and won a couple of headers. Absolutely nothing about him. 

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

I don't know enough about Ayr's squad, but when you have strikers as bad as Ayr why are the playing a system that starts 2 of them?

Because when we play 4–3-3 we create nothing, and when we play 4-4-2 we get overran in midfield. We’re going only one way with this clown in the dugout, Montrose away.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

What is he then?

I’m not actually entirely sure but he had more about him tonight that we’ve seen before. He was getting in behind a few times and I thought he was quite encouraging. 

The issue is that both he and McKenzie look like they’d be decent foil for a goalscorer. They’re players who create space for a partner but I don’t think you can play them together.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I’m not actually entirely sure but he had more about him tonight that we’ve seen before. He was getting in behind a few times and I thought he was quite encouraging. 

The issue is that both he and McKenzie look like they’d be decent foil for a goalscorer. They’re players who create space for a partner but I don’t think you can play them together.

Dowds and Bryden up front next week🤣

Just now, No_Problemo said:

As much as I completely agree with the rest, Rose was awful. No first touch, can’t hold it up and can’t finish. He maybe had one positive moment where he made a good run, and won a couple of headers. Absolutely nothing about him. 

Yep.  Rose was absolutely dreadful.  Won nothing in the air, no first touch, no movement.  Put in brilliantly by Chalmers and you knew he’d miss.  Was he better or worse than McKenzie?  Honestly, who cares anymore?

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Needs to be Dowds and Amartey next week.

Just now, Nelson said:

Yep.  Rose was absolutely dreadful.  Won nothing in the air, no first touch, no movement.  Put in brilliantly by Chalmers and you knew he’d miss.  Was he better or worse than McKenzie?  Honestly, who cares anymore?

I think he is worse than McKenzie tbh - around the same level as Bryden. 

We are disjointed all over the park never mind just the forward area. I think actually all the doomsayers like me are actually downplaying our situation. We are in serious trouble, and I don't know how long it will take to get them performing as some kind of cohesive unit. And then you're relying on Bullen to actually successfully accomplish this.

Aye, serious trouble indeed.

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Who would we even bring in to replace Bullen though, in all seriousness ?

Honestly f**k knows but we could do a lot worse than bringing McCall back. He’s saved us from a similar situation before. I personally wouldn’t want him though and I think it would divide the support.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

If you’re watching the game then that’s a blatant lie. You can not rate someone as that’s your opinion but to say “he won nothing in the air” and “had no movement” is false. 

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Who would we even bring in to replace Bullen though, in all seriousness ?

There's a boy from Leith that thinks he's good enough for the Scotland job, I'm sure you could be his stepping stone.

Banana Splits (The Banana Splits – 1968) – Elenco – InfanTv