The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Here’s an update from a.n.other club: https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ptfc-agm-update/

Ive had a quick read through, but seems to come across as informative, professional and engaging

We’ll get one spat at us in 6 weeks time that will be about season ticket renewals and how much of a c**t of it they will make this year. 

47 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Ayr Brewing Company, make it happen.

You'll get a Boaby Beer with your Boaby Pie and your Boaby Ice Cream while listening to your Boaby hits CD and you'll Boaby well like it.

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I would be very interested to know how the process played out and the criteria that led to his sacking, apart from the obvious, given the platitudes that have been laid out since.

For how much he was admired it was a bit baffling they chose to do it after a draw and with Kelty this week.

IA few weeks ago there were quite a few reams below us and a couple of them looked in real trouble. Even with our dreadful form there were enough in the mix to think we could still shit fest along and be safe. Had QP not won and put us right into the deep stuff i doubt it would have happened like this. That's what happens when it comes on top and other weeks a draw would have saved him although there can be no complaints as he had enough chance to save his job this season 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Here’s an update from a.n.other club: https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/ptfc-agm-update/

Ive had a quick read through, but seems to come across as informative, professional and engaging

I really have to stress that people who think Partick Thistle have been any sort of model for boardroom transparency of late need to step back one or two paces.

4 hours ago, itzdrk said:

With Burns Night approaching perhaps a video reading of an amended 'John Anderson'

images.jpeg.07fe82135dc91bc4f969e1f1ed7744dc.jpeg

Scottish, bald, one of the first recipients of the Full FA Coaching Certificate.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

For all that it felt inevitable the timing was a bit of a surprise to me as well. If they were so reluctant to sack him you’d think a draw would have felt like justification to them to give him another week.

I get the argument about the transfer windows but again if they were as reluctant as they claimed then it’s not the kind of thing you jump into just because there’s a transfer window.

Maybe they just shat themselves.

I think they probably did just shit themselves. Can't see how they will get the right person quickly either and they then have the time assuming they are actively involved in the transfer window. We need someone primarily to save our league status but then in the summer it may be a different need if hospitality funds a bigger budget to start going places. Ideally you want someone to come in and develop with the club but not easy to find them.

On saying that a lot  of the pre transfer work might have been done already in the background by Glendinning and they are actively targeting players. It wouldn't take a genius to work out the areas where we have large gaps that need filling. How many players also could you say were truly Lee Bullen selections. The guy Mackie he knew from Wednesday but the others seem to have came from the recruitment directive.

18 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Heard the club shop have cut the arms off all the remaining stock as they can't keep up with the demand for commemorative gilets.

#weareunitedingrief

Pandemonium cut the arms off the panda costume as well.

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

"The board have proven their incompetence by sacking Lee Bullen too early" is another absolute barnstormer today. Unprecedented levels of normal.

Who said that?

You can agree with the decision to sack him but also be surprised that the board did it given their supposed reluctance to do so.

56 minutes ago, Thumper said:

"The board have proven their incompetence by sacking Lee Bullen too early" is another absolute barnstormer today. Unprecedented levels of normal.

That sounds like Ayr United Fans Worldwide!  Absolutely gutted I got kicked off there last week, must have been hilarious in there this week. 

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Also someone on the SRE saying bowyer turned us down. Apparently it came from one of the players

Wouldn't surprise me, feel as it Bowyer was a long shot and wouldn't commit to long term.

I think it'll be Scott brown, he had Steven whittaker with him at Fleetwood too.

Backroom team may be a bit of a stumbling block too tbf due to our current setup...

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Also someone on the SRE saying bowyer turned us down. Apparently it came from one of the players

Yep told that as well, Bowyer wanting to be in charge of who signs, guess who wouldn’t have been happy with that. 

Just now, callum-ayr said:

Yep told that as well, Bowyer wanting to be in charge of who signs, guess who wouldn’t have been happy with that. 

I heard it was down to committing to a longer term plan. 

Even if it was down to signings, the manager is always going to have the final say but maybe Bowyer felt the club wouldn’t be happy with some players he was planning on bringing in. 

Bowyer would want high level signings too come straight into the squad which doesn't fit to our current setup.

He could have also proposed players x,y and z who he'd like to sign this month to improve the squad and they turned round to say to him we wouldn't be able to facilitate this

Edited by Rb123

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I heard it was down to committing to a longer term plan. 

Even if it was down to signings, the manager is always going to have the final say but maybe Bowyer felt the club wouldn’t be happy with some players he was planning on bringing in. 

Maybe a little from column A and a little from column B?

The thought did cross my mind the other day. Especially when I saw it said that Bowyer wanted to gravitate towards a director type of role one day. He’d want far more control than what Mathie would be willing to give him.

I get the desire to have continuity between managers but there’s a balance to be had so that you don’t put off just about any vaguely experienced manager out there.