The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Ahh read it wrong my bad

He does strike me as another in a long-ish list of young players who have been touted as having a promising future but for whatever reason can’t make it work. Not sure if he’ll be here next season or not. 

I’ve long said that the level of clubs that we send players out to isn’t the best. Yes you’d imagine the standard is one where players should be standing out but it’s not an ideal environment for young guys to develop. Most of the football is played between the centre halves and strikers with long punts and if you’re a smaller, more creative player you aren’t going to develop much. I’m not sure what the alternative is as reserve football doesn’t have much of an edge to it and League Two clubs don’t seem to be that keen on taking our players on loan. 

At least Ecrepont and Watret seem to be doing well and getting regular game time. Would hope that Watret is used properly next season alongside a more established option. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

He does strike me as another in a long-ish list of young players who have been touted as having a promising future but for whatever reason can’t make it work. Not sure if he’ll be here next season or not. 

I’ve long said that the level of clubs that we send players out to isn’t the best. Yes you’d imagine the standard is one where players should be standing out but it’s not an ideal environment for young guys to develop. Most of the football is played between the centre halves and strikers with long punts and if you’re a smaller, more creative player you aren’t going to develop much. I’m not sure what the alternative is as reserve football doesn’t have much of an edge to it and League Two clubs don’t seem to be that keen on taking our players on loan. 

At least Ecrepont and Watret seem to be doing well and getting regular game time. Would hope that Watret is used properly next season alongside a more established option. 

From all i know last season Viviani was starting most games at Bonnyton thistle then jumps up all the way to lowland league with Gretna then down to Glenafton and now his 3rd loan with Troon, I’m hopeful this may be the place that gives him a proper chance as Glenafton dropped him to the bench but could just be a case he’s not good enough but hoping to be proved wrong 

10 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Somerset Boab getting a shagging on a view from the terrace tonight 

Didn't think it was that kind of program, though I guess it explains the post watershed timeslot 😳

12 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think Shankland showed tonight that he was, he showed his ability to find space loads of time, he lost his man every attack and was in space at 2-3 attacks where the final ball was poor. 
He had 3 chances in the game, hit the bar and put the other two on target. 

Gilmour was dictating the game. He took him off for Ferguson.. who deserves a chance but McGinn probably had his poorest game for Scotland and Ferguson replacing him would have been a better fit. Souter isn’t an international defender either. 

Bookies didn't pay out for Shankland to have a SOT 

12 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tonight shows that Shankland isn’t of the level we need either. Very good top flight forward in Scotland but he’s not what we need at this level. FWIW I think we’re a forward away from being a good team but that forward needs to be on the same level as Gilmour or Robertson. There’s no one near that right now.  

Agree with this. A few times tonight when the ball broke the defender was on their toes and yards ahead by the time Shankland realised to make a challenge. Another off topic one i noticed was that McCall has a good chance of getting Clyde safe. It wasn't long ago they looked completely sunk  

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Another off topic one i noticed was that McCall has a good chance of getting Clyde safe. It wasn't long ago they looked completely sunk  

Tbh, they invested a lot of money in January, its close to being a completely different side. They'll stay up as Bonnyrigg's form has fallen off a cliff.

Would have been quite funny to see Clyde go down tbh.

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Please tell me we are getting rid of this shitty ticketing system at the end of the season, payment taken but no confirmation screen and no ticket email. 

Yeah think so, they trialled a new one at the Ayr v Celtic (woman’s) cup game that apparently went well.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah think so, they trialled a new one at the Ayr v Celtic (woman’s) cup game that apparently went well.

That was Fanbase, seems like most clubs are using it these days. I've just ordered a ticket for someone and not got it through either. 

Just now, Shibuya said:

That was Fanbase, seems like most clubs are using it these days. I've just ordered a ticket for someone and not got it through either. 

Wasn’t at it, but was told it wasn’t Fanbase that they used, was another ticketing company that one of the board members uses for other events, might be wrong though. 

When you buy online just now you can download the ticket straight away rather than waiting for the email. If you got to your history and click on the link where it booked it might still be there. 

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

Wasn’t at it, but was told it wasn’t Fanbase that they used, was another ticketing company that one of the board members uses for other events, might be wrong though. 

When you buy online just now you can download the ticket straight away rather than waiting for the email. If you got to your history and click on the link where it booked it might still be there. 

The system is weird, I always used to screenshot my ticket at the order confirmation page and didn’t wait for the email. It no longer gives me that option though, and hasn’t all season.

Still no ticket through so will give the shop a phone!

13 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Somerset Boab getting a shagging on a view from the terrace tonight 

I've never watched this program before but just have after seeing this post. Enjoyed it. As much as I agree with the general opinion on S.B. on here... it's good to see it's not just AUFC that have this cringe thing!