The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

8th as it stands. Which is about what this mob deserves.

The scary thing is that at least 50% of them will be on every team sheet next season.

7 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

f**k Callum for just staying we would have taken 8th at start of season due to it being a transitional year.

Too many people act like this. I feel there won't be a proper strip down with the squad and we'll fighting relegation again.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

f**k Callum for just staying we would have taken 8th at start of season due to it being a transitional year.

Transitional year is football code for we have assembled a pish squad and expect nothing.

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Too many people act like this. I feel there won't be a proper strip down with the squad and we'll fighting relegation again.

Fucking embarrassing, can’t stand that guy and all the rubbish he comes out with 

5 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Fucking embarrassing, can’t stand that guy and all the rubbish he comes out with 

Speaking of people who will still be at Ayr next season, with no improvements.

I got told Brown is on £4k a week. Anyone else hear this or is it shite? If true that’s 2 very good players per month. Yet to see what Brown brings other than being a wee bit better than previous manager and ability to berate/drop his own players.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

I got told Brown is on £4k a week. Anyone else hear this or is it shite? If true that’s 2 very good players per month. Yet to see what Brown brings other than being a wee bit better than previous manager and ability to berate/drop his own players.

No chance  it’s anything close  to that 

Edited by ryanayr1987

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Utdtillidie2 said:

It's not two very good players a month unless the theoretical replacement works for nothing, is it?

Absolute Ayr brain to look at tonight and think "what is needed is to spend less money on the coaching staff".

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

No chance  it’s anything close  to that 

Nah Ayr United are definitely paying their manager £200,000 a year. Probably giving the assistant the same.

Edited by Thumper

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Only Ayr United could leave you with nothing to play and yet it still feels like a massive game.

Another goal would be another 50k or so in prize money (i.e. one quarter of Scott Brown's fictional wages), which would be one half of one very good player apparently.

So that's done. Could Jewson maybe be convinced to film a bunch of twee wee twitter videos of players having the door hitting them on the arse on the way out?

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

So that's done. Could Jewson maybe be convinced to film a bunch of twee wee twitter videos of players having the door hitting them on the arse on the way out?

Christ I forgot about those! Wonder if Jamie Murphy ever did buy those galvanised nails 

Glad to see the back of this season. Confident we have what it takes to win the close season break.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Iain said:

Glad to see the back of this season. Confident we have what it takes to win the close season break.

If Brown and Whittaker aren't already either a) doing keg stands in Cameron's or b) in the EasyJet departures queue to Malaga it'll be an improvement on the last three regimes.

Edited by Thumper

A pretty silly game that. Pretty much our season in micro.

All over the place at times, but then still able to pull together some decent attacking phases here and there to save our skin.

Glad this season is finished, was very done with it.

I hope Deniz Mehmet is okay, that was very worrying.

That was great fun for an end of season game. Two teams actually playing a bit and trying to win the game which was good to see.

Ultimately meaningless stuff when you see what happened to Mehmet, hopefully he's okay 

Defensively we weren’t great, offensively we were good and probably should have been more than 1-0 up before they equalised. Chalmers attempt that rattled the bar looked over the line from the angle on the stream. Unlucky not to win imo. 

I hope amartey stays as he helped change the game when he came on, I hope chalmers and Dowds sign on for next season. 

big improvement required in goal, defence and midfield and another striker to play alongside Dowds please