The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I’ll put it down to a young manager making a mistake . We need to drop it and move on . However that’s the Christmas window budget slimed down a bit . 

What about the numerous mistakes the players made? 

4 minutes ago, Tamtheman said:

Big spending team knocked out by little highland team, Scott brown a master tactician, girfuy.

I think being out of the Championship for so long, everyone had forgotten exactly why they disliked you so much. Didn't take you long to remind them though right enough.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Dundee Utd through on GD so we didn't even need the massive win in the end.  A professional 3-0 v a Highland league side with nothing to play for would have done.  That's a massive wake up call- next week is going to be massive signing wise as that's a hug mood killer today.  Can't afford to be getting turned over by Hamilton next week

5 minutes ago, munro7 said:

Aye, that was all down to missing sitter after sitter today. We’d enough good chances to score 6 or 7.

Stanger missed an absolute sitter and then proceeded to get rinsed at their second goal.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure when I last looked at our starting side and thought - yeah, I really like that. 

Reading over Musonda obviously makes sense against a side who will most likely sit in. 

It was really funny when they did sit in but opened up the right hand of their defence to allow Reading the ball. 

Plenty of goals in the team, but spine is surely to light.  We can’t go away from home with Dempsey playing the midfield by himself.  Enough is enough with the McMann experiment too - get him to left back and Musonda in with Stanger.  

29 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Must admit I was puzzled by the decision to settle for 4 at Stenhousemuir.  Could easily have scored another couple instead of fannying about with pointless substitutions.  Too confident we’d hammer Buckie I guess.

Nonsense, we are out because we can't defend.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Nonsense, we are out because we can't defend.  

Perhaps, but scoring another couple when we had the chance might have come in handy…

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Perhaps, but scoring another couple when we had the chance might have come in handy…

Like today? 

There’s absolutely no way anyone can seriously try and put our elimination on the Stenhousemuir game. 

Boy that tries to do Stanger half way up his calf then scores on half time, chance have you got. Disappointing, just wasn’t meant to be. Found it rather strange Buckie time wasting to hold on to a 3-2 defeat, but there you go.