The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

The club trying to give me a heart attack. 

Put my phone on charge in the bedroom, walked down stairs and got a notification on my smart watch saying “Club statement” and proceeded to sprint back upstairs to read it. 

Fair play to the club for doing that though. Chucking pyros on the park is stupid and at the time of doing so we had just gone 1-0 up and I was worried the delay would kill our momentum. Also does nothing besides potentially damaging the pitch. 

Purpose of statement... yes the correct thing to do as pyros can gtf 

Lots of other parts of it left to be desired... waiting to a week after the event before mentioning it and releasing the night before a big home game with the possibility of pissing off the vocal section of support (again) 

Feels like an own goal IMO 

Edited by Rb123

20 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Purpose of statement... yes the correct thing to do as pyros can gtf 

Lots of other parts of it left to be desired... waiting to a week after the event before mentioning it and releasing the night before a big home game with the possibility of pissing off the vocal section of support (again) 

Feels like an own goal IMO 

Aye, timing of it a bit weird - spent all week trying to get the numbers in and then (possibly) pissing off the young team the night before the game.

Personally, and it’s only my own opinion, I don’t mind the pyro stuff - but as long as it is done in a “safe” manner.  But that means safe for everyone - so if anyone has health issues it affects, then it needs to be kept away, or done in a segregated buffered area.

Last but not least, it’s got to work for both home and away - how many times have we been under the cosh (and rightly so) for having pyro, and then steps up A.N. Other club at Somerset with 3 flares and smoke bombs on the pitch - same goes for entering the field of play.

Who gives a f**k if they’re pissed off? If the club asking people not to set off flares in a densely packed area annoys someone for whatever reason I’d probably rather they didn’t turn up.

The pyro on Friday looked like it barely cleared the crowd. Definite potential for injury throwing that sort of thing under a low roof.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Aye, timing of it a bit weird - spent all week trying to get the numbers in and then (possibly) pissing off the young team the night before the game.

It's maybe taken them this long to find out who it was and ban them, can't imagine the club security have former MI5 employees (MFI probably). Also, the night before the game announcement is predictable to be fresh in the mind of anyone thinking of going tomorrow , especially those who may be lacking a few brain cells.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Personally, and it’s only my own opinion, I don’t mind the pyro stuff - but as long as it is done in a “safe” manner.  But that means safe for everyone 

Likewise, I don't mind it either but can see how it would bother folk with lung issues. What does bother me though is the throwing it to the front of the crowd, where its mostly young kids standing.