The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Raith weren’t at full strength and they went down to ten men before half time but it was a pretty comfortable win in the end. 
Raith played narrow and forced our play out wide, for some reason we didn’t have the full backs and wingers overlapping much. Dowds was quiet again and Oakley was forced to play deeper, it was obvious that Raith had worked out a way to reduce our threats. 
Raith looked a better team at ten men and counter attacked better. 
We were pretty solid throughout, I thought Stanger was MOTM with McMann close behind, the back four, Dempsey and Rus were flawless. That could be a huge difference this season, if we’re not creating chances, we aren’t giving them away. 
I have high hopes for Walker and it was great to see him be switched on enough and calm enough to score his chance. 

22 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Dylan watret is going to play at a very high level. He's a joy to watch .I honestly can't believe how good he is.  17 year old .

Not bad time to have an assistant manager who was the best RB in the country in his prime to coach you along...

4 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Not bad time to have an assistant manager who was the best RB in the country in his prime to coach you along...

I mean he was an excellent player, but he wasn’t the best RB in the country. Though, he was probably a better technical footballer than Hutton. 

Some similarities with Whittaker in the way Watret jinks by players. 

Surprised at the attendance figure, thought there were way more than last week in both home and away ends. Looking forward to an awayday next week, three consecutive home games felt a bit odd but we properly maxed it out. 

29 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

Surprised at the attendance figure, thought there were way more than last week in both home and away ends. Looking forward to an awayday next week, three consecutive home games felt a bit odd but we properly maxed it out. 

Yeah didn't understand that one at all, only 2,400 Ayr fans apparantly? Sure there was more last week, on a side note i'm not sure if all the folk in hospitality are included in attendance as the hospitality was packed today which was good to see. 

Definately the busiest it has been so far i think, long may it continue 

Sam North was there today too so i presume there'll be a vlog on YouTube soon.

The fact him and Blair McNally have been down in the 1st month of the season i guess the club have invited them down

15 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Sam North was there today too so i presume there'll be a vlog on YouTube soon.

The fact him and Blair McNally have been down in the 1st month of the season i guess the club have invited them down

He was down for the Celtic game as well. Great to see these guys promoting Scott Brown's Ayr United and our game in general. 

4 hours ago, Hursty said:

Much better to be like the guys next to me in first half right on the half way line that thought we were 'abysmal'  'horrific'   'clueless' and just 'same auld pish' because we weren't getting the ball shelled up the park quick enough 

You better get used to that. We didn't lose a game last year and some folk still moaned. Some boy even did his nut calling the players lazy in a game we were winning 3 nil.

Our next home game will be against you now on the 5th October, could be a good game if we're still both playing as well. 

1 hour ago, GMBairn said:

You better get used to that. We didn't lose a game last year and some folk still moaned. Some boy even did his nut calling the players lazy in a game we were winning 3 nil.

Our next home game will be against you now on the 5th October, could be a good game if we're still both playing as well. 

Or shite, depending who happens to be watching 🫣

4 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

but it sounded an improved watch over last week, against a good team (albeit with 10 men) we were comfortably the better side and didn't look in any danger.

At some point you are just going to have to admit defeat and accept that we are a decent side and very good to watch.  Its OK to be positive 🤣

Don't know about any one else but Dowds 2 step walk up to hit pens fills me with the fear every time, to be absolutely fair though he's got it down to a T and the keeper has committed to a side every time before he hits it.

13 hours ago, dam00114 said:

Word for Paddy Reading. One of the first to come in for criticism when things aren't going well and granted he wasn't tested defensively today, but thought he was excellent. Looks full of confidence and assured on the ball. Could easily have got an assist. Pleased for him and hope he keeps it up

Paddy has had an excellent start to the season. 

36 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Don't know about any one else but Dowds 2 step walk up to hit pens fills me with the fear every time, to be absolutely fair though he's got it down to a T and the keeper has committed to a side every time before he hits it.

Likewise each time I expect the keeper to save it. I’m much more a fan of Muirhead’s rocket into the corner approach

Aye fair play to Reading. He's been excelling so far this season.

Its really difficult to identify week spots in the team just now. As starting 11's go, Brown has moulded a very good side. Long may it continue.

22 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Aye fair play to Reading. He's been excelling so far this season.

Its really difficult to identify week spots in the team just now. As starting 11's go, Brown has moulded a very good side. Long may it continue.

Reading got unwarranted mentions, played in a shit team last season.

This team vs a Bullen team, scary when you watch highlights from 12 months ago