The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Did someone not say that Howley can play centre back or have I imagined that? 

Was it not right back he had covered previously?

I may have also just made that up in my mind, not sure.

1 hour ago, motley123rock said:

Looks like Devlin has hurt his hamstring. 

Not really surprised given that he hasn’t had a proper pre season and was chucked in today without any minutes under his belt. Not an ideal situation given we had no other option but to start him. 

I think he’ll still have a part to play this season but needs a chance to get properly fit. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not really surprised given that he hasn’t had a proper pre season and was chucked in today without any minutes under his belt. Not an ideal situation given we had no other option but to start him. 

I think he’ll still have a part to play this season but needs a chance to get properly fit. 

The other option was to start McAllister, and the fact Brown choose to start Devlin, when he's clearly nowhere near fit and was a massive gamble. And f**k knows how long he'll be out for now. Makes you wonder why he was given a new contract at all.

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The other option was to start McAllister, and the fact Brown choose to start Devlin, when he's clearly nowhere near fit and was a massive gamble. And f**k knows how long he'll be out for now. Makes you wonder why he was given a new contract at all.

I think the reason McAllister and McKenzie are still part of the squad is exactly because of situations like today. They can cover lots of positions in a crisis. 

Everyone knows they'll not be great but they'll also do it No questions asked and not cause a fuss about being out the squad.

That was a grim watch today against a Dunfermline team purely out to ruin the game in the second half. We remain unbeaten. We'll be better next game.

Give this squad time to get to to know each other better and build on what we've achieved so far and we can 100% be in with a proper shout if winning this thing. 🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I am a bit surprised a professional footballer , particularly of Devlin standard choosing not to keep himself in shape over a summer where he is looking for a new club . Of course there might be more to it , like a niggling injury , who knows ! 

Hopefully McAvoy is ready to go when he comes up , the Diddy Cup match will give him a chance to get a run out before a huge game against Thistle the following week . Same would apply for Bavidge and Howley but I wouldn’t be going full 2nd 11 , the rest need a practice match after yesterday . 
No deed to panic, Ayr can play , we know that , looking forward to Thistle and a big game atmosphere already . 

1 hour ago, railwayend said:

I am a bit surprised a professional footballer , particularly of Devlin standard choosing not to keep himself in shape over a summer where he is looking for a new club . Of course there might be more to it , like a niggling injury , who knows ! 

Hopefully McAvoy is ready to go when he comes up , the Diddy Cup match will give him a chance to get a run out before a huge game against Thistle the following week . Same would apply for Bavidge and Howley but I wouldn’t be going full 2nd 11 , the rest need a practice match after yesterday . 
No deed to panic, Ayr can play , we know that , looking forward to Thistle and a big game atmosphere already . 

Hes certainly had his fair share of injury problems but even then it’s hard to get to the level of fitness and sharpness required without actual game time. It may have been worth him playing in one of the youth games if possible but this is also why it’s a bit surprising we haven’t entered a team in the reserve league as there’s a couple of players who could do with minutes to get up to speed. 

Jeezo, really hope that's the last time McCalister is ever seen.  Really grim, bad vibes fitba player.  Referee had obviously decided he felt sorry for him so wasn't sending him off.  We were miles better with Howley on instead of Rus, meant we could get up the park and hold the ball.  Dowds going off really improved us as well, Oakley unfortunately ends up missing chances but we weren't creating them with Anton there.  

Rus in cm is a bit risk/reward and I do feel he'll end up playing on the left as more teams learn to get in our face in midfield.  

24 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Jeezo, really hope that's the last time McCalister is ever seen.  Really grim, bad vibes fitba player.  Referee had obviously decided he felt sorry for him so wasn't sending him off.  We were miles better with Howley on instead of Rus, meant we could get up the park and hold the ball.  Dowds going off really improved us as well, Oakley unfortunately ends up missing chances but we weren't creating them with Anton there.  

Rus in cm is a bit risk/reward and I do feel he'll end up playing on the left as more teams learn to get in our face in midfield.  

Think we might see a shift towards a 433 eventually with only one of Dowds or Oakley starting. I was surprised we didn’t bring Howley on earlier to try and get to grips with the midfield. 

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

I assume Hamilton is free to sign any time even if there's compensation involved?

Yes, should be. 

I’m guessing Brown isn’t yet convinced by his fitness but I’d probably take a gamble on him now given we’ve only got Stanger and McAvoy fit.