The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

43 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Now for some realism given he is an untried youngster playing for a non old firm club in the second tier of Scottish football which ever club comes in for him will stick him in their academy & very likely you will get the usual derisory offer of circa £200k with possible add ons if he ever makes it big. Maybe premature to be begging him up & be interesting to see how he copes with guile & trickery of Calvin Miller &/or pace & strength of Ageyman or Ross when you come to Falkirk next month.

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Pished myself laughing when they are talking about already being at Fulham on trial, United/Forrest/Arsenal all interested then saying Hearts and Aberdeen interested haha.  It is going to be interesting to see how much we would actually go for.  I don't think we;d get anywhere near 1 million, probably very silly money to be looking at getting for a 17 year old in the second tier of Scottish football.  However if you are getting half that and firing in sell on clauses and appearance clauses for their first team and international as well as a possibility of coming back on loan (if this was done in January) then you'd be absolutely delighted.  I know we want to keep these types of guys, however we have moaned about not getting the money for the likes of Forrest/Shankland/McCowan/Crawford over the past few years.  January/next summer best time to sell while his stock and potential is high.

Sensible poster 

No doubt the scouts from Arsenal and Man Utd are nervously holding off on reporting back to their clubs, in the knowledge that he hasn't yet had to play against top class opponents like Calvin Miller and Alfredo Agyeman.

Edited by AUcal

19 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

be interesting to see how he copes with guile & trickery of Calvin Miller &/or pace & strength of Ageyman or Ross when you come to Falkirk next month.

Been there, done it, Miller hooked after 70 minutes. Next.

20 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now for some realism given he is an untried youngster playing for a non old firm club in the second tier of Scottish football which ever club comes in for him will stick him in their academy & very likely you will get the usual derisory offer of circa £200k with possible add ons if he ever makes it big. Maybe premature to be begging him up & be interesting to see how he copes with guile & trickery of Calvin Miller &/or pace & strength of Ageyman or Ross when you come to Falkirk next month.

To be fair, he's already had Calvin Miller in his back pocket once already this season and kept a clean sheet.

30 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

1 hour ago, Kircer bairn said:

Now for some realism given he is an untried youngster playing for a non old firm club in the second tier of Scottish football

Not our first rodeo m8 , had this teenage fella called Steve Nicol back in the day went to Liverpool , multiple caps for Scotland bla bla bla .

As for Dylan being tested by Calvin Miller hahahaha . Absolutely owned him in the League Cup tie ! 

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I see we're playing killie in the reserve cup next Tuesday at Rugby Park. Anyone know if spectators will be allowed or if it's behind closed doors? 

Fans were certainly let in last season both at Cumnock and Rugby Park , can’t see it being any different this season , 2pm kick off for reserve matches 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think any team or player can consider themselves proper footballers until they have come up against the mighty Falkirk. 

Messi winning all those Ballon d'ors without having ever faced Falkirk devalues the whole thing imho.

2 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

But remember Forrest,shankland,McGowan,+ others let there contacts ran down and we got nothing for them at the time,don't think smith will let that happen.

Those guys were on the dreaded one year deals , running down before the ink has dried. Those terrible days are a thing of the past now . 

Aberdeen have a bit of cash and may try to cut the English Clubs off with a smallish offer at Christmas. I doubt we’d bite .  The real bids will come from the south in the summer . 

3 hours ago, Kircer bairn said:

Ayr United have got your head wobbling wee man. 

2 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I don't think any team or player can consider themselves proper footballers until they have come up against the mighty Falkirk. 

Even sometimes when they have come up against Falkirk and done well.  Falkirk didn't win so it doesn't count. 

14 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Quick question, how's the corporate stuff going with your new stand?

Is it selling out, any info on the revenue yet? I know it's early, but you must have a feeling about how it's going.

Yeah seems to be very busy every week and all the reviews seem very good. Got a night with Scott brown sold out in a few weeks and it was said we’re already hosting funeral teas and the club looking into hosting Christmas party nights etc. I’ve the Falkirk game booked in December, been quite hard to get a game before booked with a full table of us. My brother also has corporate season tickets in the club 1910 suite through his work and they take clients, few already booked back up for the normal hospitality as well.