The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Chilling thought. 

Could do a lot worse for a short term option. He was terrific for us and there’s a decent chance we’d be a league 1 side just now without his contributions. Really helped the young guys kick on around him

No idea if he’s just had enough now or nobody has offered him anything. Was surprised as was most of qp fanbase when he wasn’t offered a deal at the end of the season 

A season and a bit on and no one really knew why he was here. Did ok in some appearances, didn't do enough in others and obviously didn't have the legs to fit in to the system we have. 

Both sides will probably just move on and pretend it didn't happen. 

Hopefully it means we will be bringing one or two in. 

11 minutes ago, Iain said:

I get the feeling that when Brown came in there wasn't space for McGeady in the room any more.

His legs have gone, don't think it goes much deeper than that

3 minutes ago, Peil said:

His legs have gone, don't think it goes much deeper than that

That wouldn't stop him doing the off-field work that they made a big deal about when he signed.

On 30/09/2024 at 13:16, grazza said:

Just listened to BBC Scottish football podcast. Mcgeady asked right at the start how things are going at Ayr he jurt quickly shut it it down saying he isn't really involved at the moment. Sounds bit disgruntled could have talked positively about how club is doing but presenter got message and quickly moved on. Would imagine he is either away but still on the books or not here much longer. 

I mean you got the part about him being away correct, but this is a really poor misrepresentation of what he actually said. 

The presenter said it was a good result for Ayr at the weekend and McGeady replied that he isn’t really involved at the moment but that yes it was a good result, the team is going well and it was important to get a win after three draws in a row and then ended by saying “so far, so good.” 

53 minutes ago, Iain said:

I get the feeling that when Brown came in there wasn't space for McGeady in the room any more.

I'm sure he was brought in to be a future manager, but this was way before Brown was even thought of. He was never going to fit in with Scott Brown as boss. We move on.

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Odds on him signing for East Kilbride?

Can he sign if he was released after the window closed ? Theoretically Hearts could release Shankland and we could sign him, I’m sure he has to wait until the next window. 

Although there may be a loophole if he hasn’t played or maybe he was released yesterday and that was the last day. The more I think about it, he’ll probably be able to. 

Afternoon all,

I'm delighted to say I've been given the green light to interview your very own George Oakley next Tuesday for my podcast "Today Wheelenterview". Great to finally get involved with the club and have another Championship player on after Dom Thomas back in May.

You guys are the priority here, this interview is for you and I want to involve you all as much as possible. Are there any questions you have for George regarding his career/life or his time at the club thus far. Maybe there's a general topic/issue you'd like raised, see it as an opportunity to get that wee bit closer to the club and hear from one of the men at the very centre of it currently.

I want this to be the best possible interview, and any help you guys can bring will only bolster the end product when it's released. If you're interested in hearing how we do things on the pod, search the show up on Youtube or Spotify and follow it so you'll be first to know about it when released. I've just released a cracker with Bobby Linn today if that interests any of you.

All the best in the title charge!

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Can he sign if he was released after the window closed ? Theoretically Hearts could release Shankland and we could sign him, I’m sure he has to wait until the next window. 

Although there may be a loophole if he hasn’t played or maybe he was released yesterday and that was the last day. The more I think about it, he’ll probably be able to. 

Wasn’t aware of that being a rule? Maybe but I assume it could depends on the level maybe?