The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Doolan is 32 and  is pretty much always going to take the bigger pay packet , can't blame him for that I suppose . Its as if when McCall notes interest in a player all other managers look up . I thought we had him but oh well . We however must be prime candidates for clubs who want their young guys learning and getting game time . So maybe Rudden , McDonald , Zanatta  etc  might arrive .....

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

No but I can't see him being first choice so might be get freed or out on loan he's an Ayrshire lad so might fancy coming back to the shire, your right though Harvie can whip in a half decent cross but need wingers who can get it in the box.

Cadden can actually get past full backs and whip them in , but looked a bit out of shape while on loan . Question would be for McCall can he get him up a couple of gears ! But first we would need that big centre forward .

Cadden can actually get past full backs and whip them in , but looked a bit out of shape while on loan . Question would be for McCall can he get him up a couple of gears ! But first we would need that big centre forward .
I'd have both Cladden and Miller back TBH

I'd take Cadden back, hr showed some good signs in his brief spell and he's taller and bigger built than the wingers we currently have.

I hope Ferguson has improved dramatically since last seeing hom as I'd be worried if he was starting rb next season. Although he will be essentially as I'd be surprised if Geggan is able to put together a run of games before getting injured

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, railwayend said:

I'd have both Cladden and Miller back TBH

No chance of Miller being back.  

I wouldn’t take Miller tbh. There were rumours about an attitude problem at the beginning and I can’t really remember him doing that much.

I think Doolan would’ve been a good signing but I’m not overly fussed if we’ve missed out.

On the talk about Ferguson McCall has said he wants another defender but hasn’t specified if that’s a centre back or fullback.

At centre back we have Roscoe, Muirhead, Bell and Adams. 

Right back we have Ferguson and Geggan and Left back we have Harvie and Ecrepont so it could well be fullback. 

Ryan McGowan not still contracted to Bradford?

They released him after they got relegated.

Can’t see him dropping down to the Championship tbh and I doubt we could afford his wages.

16 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Can’t see much creativity coming from a right-hand side of Ferguson and Geggan.

I think Ferguson has good delivery, but for headers rather than to feet. 

15 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Can’t see much creativity coming from a right-hand side of Ferguson and Geggan.

Don't worry about creativity.

This season its all about bringing in big hammer throwers and shelling it long to a big target man. Route 1 and the easiest way to do well in this league imo. Might not be pretty but lets give it a go. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This season its all about bringing in big hammer throwers and shelling it long to a big target man. Route 1 and the easiest way to do well in this league imo. Might not be pretty but lets give it a go. 

No it isn’t. It’s about being able to be creative but also being able to route 1 in it when required. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Well, we already play route one anyway so might as well do it on purpose. although it might be more a case of having some height to at least compete with other teams in that area