The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Can't lie, that hurts. Pretty shite.

At least for once we are an attractive proposition for a new manager. I just hope after the last couple of years that it doesn't go tits up. There is/was a very good feeling around the club and genuine belief that this team could achieve even more.

Such a deflation after the performance we saw on saturday. Oh well, still joint top, still a very good team and still buzzing for Arbroath away on saturday.

10 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Cant see it , Archibald would be my choice , if offered can’t see him turning it down to be an assistant at Partick ,think we need to approach right now before he is announced at Partick , would not be too disappointed with Sandy Stewart going by what I have seen of him with the players 

Has Archibald had more than one impressive season?

1 minute ago, Iain said:

jumping in (and this might be moot if he's confirmed as our assistant anyway) but he absolutely did.

Took over after McNamara jumped ship and guided us to promotion - I think that season up until McNamara left our away form was poor, but he managed to fix that.

Stayed up several times with the highlight being the top six finish and we were also pipped to 7th and also narrowly lost out on a top six finish, both times to Ross County unless I've gotten mixed up. One of those games we were literally 1 goal away from finishing in the top six but couldn't find an equaliser, another season we lost on the final day at Firhill something like 3-2 where a win would have seen us in 7th.

We went down via the playoffs to a very decent Livi team, in fairness, which did involve some poor managerial decisions. Fairly poor cup record too. He was pretty frank about his role in relegation on the official site once it was confirmed, though.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Archie got us promoted after Ratnamara left and had four good seasons Premier League. That was very impressive by Jags standards.

Bizarrely, the slump began after we finished 6th in 2017. Then he lost the plot with some terrible signings at the start of last season.

1 minute ago, Iain said:

Think he's an agent now?

McNamara is currently a "consultant" to the Pars. 

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Did ok when he first joined Partick and Dundee Utd?

Yes but it was Archie who got us promoted. We had fantastic run of wins after Ratnamara left. 

McNamara took York City from League Two (relegated) to 20th in the National League in just under a year! 

He was then moved "upstairs" to become Chief Exec but left last year.