Dundee United 2018/2019

8 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Is it me or have our American overlords missed a major trick in not paying the £70,000 thats needed for the Jim Mclean statue that the supporter trust are having a whip around for?

Pay for it and get the fans on board straight away. Paying for it would be a terrific gesture

I would prefer that the Chairman spends on things that might actually get us promoted...

7 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

If they have £70k to put in there’s a hundred things I would like them to spend it on other than a statue.

Agreed. 

Statues would be great if we had a healthy balance sheet, a great squad and a European trip to look forward to again... until then I don't think now is the right time. 

10 hours ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Wrote an article for PureFitbaw about what kind of player I think we need to bring in and who we should let go. Give it a read.

"We need players, right now. Our squad as a whole isn’t good enough, even with the quality of the likes of Fyvie, Safranko and Aird dragging us to third, the gaps that Nielson needs to fill is obvious."

Who should Dundee United sign in January and who should they let go?

Alot of good points i  there...buuut...

Connor Townsend was shite.

Tony Ralston was good but no danger will he be back at Utd. He'll go out to a premiership team on loan.

Briels was let go because his body was made from glass to be fair but i agree on Gillespie. Would have kept him instead of bringing in Rabitch. It would have meant Stanton could be further up the pitch being more effective but, well...Csaba.

And lastly, your point about Billy King, Paul McMullan and Fraser Aird as the 3 attackers...Billy King is shite and suits no system, Paul McMullan has less end product than me at work over the Christmas period and is therefore utterly useless really and while Fraser Aird is good at this level, hes not the type to carry a team by the looks of it.

Other than that, pretty agreeable points. Especially the one about Rabitch. Its a weird one.

And i think both keepers are utterly shite tbh but Rankovan is something else. Up there with Paul Jarvie and O'Hanlon.

Would also say we need a striker in pronto as Clark isnt the answer and Curran is...well...i dont know what Curran is.

And another decent CH as Edgenguele is also shite as backup. 

These last two, imo, would be the icing on the cake if Ogren wants to get up this season.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

I've got a feeling that the goalkeepers and the defence might be left untouched. Neilson has only really spoken about a defensive midfielder and some added attacking options so it might be that we have three coming in and it will be a combination of - a midfielder, a winger or number 10 and possibly a striker. 

In terms of outgoing the meeting I was at last week mentioned that one of the 'services' that Revolution Sports provide is a way of finding an exit path for unwanted players and that they will be looking to help the club offload a couple (you would assume Barton and Loemba will be at the top of that list). 

The club will also have to make a decision about Allardice and Scobbie who will return from their loan spells and for Mehmet who's contract runs out very shortly. 

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

I've got a feeling that the goalkeepers and the defence might be left untouched. Neilson has only really spoken about a defensive midfielder and some added attacking options so it might be that we have three coming in and it will be a combination of - a midfielder, a winger or number 10 and possibly a striker. 

In terms of outgoing the meeting I was at last week mentioned that one of the 'services' that Revolution Sports provide is a way of finding an exit path for unwanted players and that they will be looking to help the club offload a couple (you would assume Barton and Loemba will be at the top of that list). 

The club will also have to make a decision about Allardice and Scobbie who will return from their loan spells and for Mehmet who's contract runs out very shortly. 

I would be very worried if those in charge of the club haven’t realised  how badly we need a RB.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Gavin Armstrong off Hollyoaks? Or Danny Armstrong who is short term contracted at Raith?

Reilly is a possibility, Ralston highly unlikely.

I was thinking about him for Thistle too. Seemed to be struggling for game time at Bristol Rovers but they sacked their manager a couple of weeks ago and lo and behold he’s back in the first team scoring goals. Was keen to try his luck down South and now that he’s getting some first team action I doubt he’ll return to Scotland in this window.