Do you love Jesus?

Do you love Jesus?  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Weird how he's always depicted as a white guy with blond hair and blue eyes, although that's probably a more contemporary, racist thing. In the mentions of him were there ever any descriptions of how he looked?

What if he forged a name to get on to the Roman census in order to try and buy Roman citizenship? That's happened before.

He was supposedly jewish, so why were his followers not jewish? If they were following his lead surely he was just behaving as per the jewish religion anyway?

There was a documentary a while back where they did a facial reconstruction on a skull from the right period found close to where he was supposedly buried. The result looks a lot more Middle Eastern than most Jewish people look these days as a lot of them have intermarried with Europeans over the last couple of thousand years.

If he existed at all, it's a cert he didn't look like the bass player in a Scandinavian metal band the way he's portrayed in a lot of European paintings.

The Real Face Of Jesus - What Did Jesus Look Like?

20 hours ago, madwullie said:

TBF though even if he was a con-artist etc at least his con wasn't to better himself necessarily and he spread a decent message. 

Ditch all that evil shit in the OT and be fucking sound to each other lads is a fair fucks message imo

Same message that Siddhattha Gautama was saying 563 years before, he couldn't even think of his own slogans, put him down for plagiarism, as well.

18 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Imagine being stupid enough to be religious in 2021.

It’s understandable in some countries where educational standards are still very low.  It’s unforgivable in countries where there is a high level of educational attainment.

Of course there is also massive social/cultural/family pressures even in such countries.  People brainwashed from their earliest age and threatened with severe sanctions for apostasy will find it difficult to break free from the cycle.

Let me guess:
”my wife sits and looks at her phone all through a film we’ve agreed to watch and hasn’t got a fucking clue what’s going on”
"My wife lighteth her Virginia Killing Stick upon thy hearth"

58 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

My favourite Jesus meme. 

_20190709_161945.JPG.36b33f24338e56083e6a5105c7d2a15a.jpeg

Must admit the first Tory Jesus meme I saw I nearly pissed myself. The joke got old v quick but that first cherry popper was an absolute beauty

download (5).jpeg