Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

941 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Clown Job said:

I think Murty came across very well this afternoon 

Hopefully this will be the last time we hear about Richard Gordon’s foreskin 

so, Willie Miller is not the only famous Willie to be associated with Aberdeen 

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Cosgrove touting Jane Lewis as Gordon's replacement this afternoon.

Was he just being "cosgrove right on" or was he actually serious?

She is awful but presumably she is a BBC employee, unlike some of the other dreadful Sportsound pundits.

7 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Was he just being "cosgrove right on" or was he actually serious?

She is awful but presumably she is a BBC employee, unlike some of the other dreadful Sportsound pundits.

He suggested Eilidh Barbour first, but said she probably wouldn't want it. He was then serious with the follow up suggestion.

Agree with him on Barbour - she is a terrific broadcaster, but I think it would be a step down for her

Jane Lewis struggles to form coherent sentences when she’s reporting on a game and and when she’s asking questions in a one-to-one interview.  More generally she gives the impression of being the broadcasting equivalent of a rabbit caught in headlights.

As far as I can tell there’s nothing to suggest that she’d be able to host the pre and post match discussions on Saturday Sportsound.  And I can’t see that she’d be anything other than completely hopeless at taking control of the rammy that is Open All Mikes 

I listened back to the Sunday show today. 

Another recurring theme is Cowan proclaiming that the "Adam West Batman is way better than the modern ones"

🤣🤣🤣

I mean the old one was literally a pantomime.

Just now, andyg83 said:

I listened back to the Sunday show today. 

Another recurring theme is Cowan proclaiming that the "Adam West Batman is way better than the modern ones"

🤣🤣🤣

I mean the old one was literally a pantomime.

He's right, the 60s batman show was outstanding. 

1 minute ago, andyg83 said:

Come on. 😀

They were rocking about in tights ffs 😃

It was light hearted, fun, cheesy and campy. Whats not to like?

It had some good actors playing the villains too, Tam Cowans got this one right.

Just finished listening to the Sunday show, I don't listen that much anymore as I thinks it's pishe(Sunday). I'll think that was the last time for me.

Stuart bigging up Jane Lewis for the hot seat, pushed me over the edge.  What the f**k does he see or hear that she would be a good presenter, this is a man that was at the very top in TV.

I've met Stuart a few times (I know his cousin) he's a gid c**t.  But, yer way off the mark on this one.

Edited by SlipperyP

The 60s Adam West Batman series is a great laugh. It's a supremely silly, campy, hippy,  ridiculous piece of nonsense. Very entertaining.

It's not really comparing like for like with the Batman films though, since none of them (save the Adam West one, which was just a feature length episode anyway) are comedies.