Off The Ball - Is it good?

Off The Ball  

911 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 17/11/2019 at 12:08, invergowrie arab said:

More revisionism last night about Marseille and 1992.

Marseille, having already qualified for the final, bribed Valienciennes to go easy before the final v Milan.

Rangers were pumped fair and square.

Although i did enjoy McSwegan's hard evidence that Moscow had been bribed because "you wouldnt put it past them".

Apparently Mark Hateley claims he was approached before the Rangers-Marseille game and offered a bribe to lose the game.  So here you have a player from another team being offered money to throw a match.  All he needs to do is approach the football authorities and Marseille are oot and Rangers, rightly, through.  The Marseille league bribe was blown up by their own players that couldn't accept what was going on and informed the ref and police at half time during the fixed league game.  Hateley said nothing about his claim for about 20 years when he had the chance of a CL Final.  I am calling Hateleys claim shite.  Never happened.

I like Scottish football and as a consequence i like Off the ball. Yeah there could be a better alternative but its not going to be thought up by someone shitposting on an internet forum about how much they hate Stuart Cosgrove.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

That was a decent programme last night. Mainly showing how good OTB and OAE used to be, and how shite they are now.

Scotland haven't qualified for the World Cup since OTB started airing. Take from that what you will.

What I'll take from it is that you're a bit unreliable on the footballing trivia front.

Original OTB episode: 13/08/1994

Last Scotland WC qualification: 11/10/1997

2 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

What I'll take from it is that you're a bit unreliable on the footballing trivia front.

Original OTB episode: 13/08/1994

Last Scotland WC qualification: 11/10/1997

Yeah I should have said only qualified for two major Finals in that time.

I'm basically looking for an excuse to have it binned

I like Scottish football and as a consequence i like Off the ball. Yeah there could be a better alternative but its not going to be thought up by someone shitposting on an internet forum about how much they hate Stuart Cosgrove.

Stuart and I both support St Johnstone.
Doesn’t mean I have to like OTB.
I get that it’s all we’ve got and there’s no likely replacement, but the format is tired, the jokes are tired and no longer funny, they speak over each other, their guests usually aren’t very interesting and Tam’s coarseness is not entertaining no matter how much Lorraine protests otherwise.

Still listen to it through habit, it’s ok but needs updated. Maybe add in the view from the terrace guys and let them have it eventually.

I think one of the reasons it was so successful was because they at least tried to talk about teams other than the OF which was all you got before.

I disagree that its all we've got, look at the "A View From the Terrace" guys, they are doing great things for scottish football coverage with their podcast and tv series. 

I’m too old to listen to a bunch of wee laddies. I watched the first episode and didn’t get it. Didn’t watch any more.

6 hours ago, andrewh said:

I’m too old to listen to a bunch of wee laddies. I watched the first episode and didn’t get it. Didn’t watch any more.

I'm old and love A View From The Terrace! Age is a state of mind. (And the "bunch of wee laddies" are, I think, all in their thirties and forties)

Edited by kingjoey

7 hours ago, andrewh said:

Are you not the boy constantly moaning about ageism?

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
57 minutes ago, kingjoey said:
I'm old and love A View From The Terrace! Age is a state of mind. (And the "bunch of wee laddies" are, I think, all in their thirties and forties)

Sixties in one particular case.

Not for a presenter of 'A View from the Terrace' surely?