The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

51 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Both Alfa's given 30 second penalties. That means Hamilton is up to ninth and Kubica tenth!

something to do with clutch torque

"The stewards found the torque in the clutch at the start did not match the torque demand as the driver released the clutch within the specified 70 millisecond maximum period. This time was measured at approximately 300 milliseconds."

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Absolute banter central at that Mercedes pitstop. 

It was even funnier because of who it was. Not because it was specifically Mercedes and Hamilton, rather it was the team and driver who have been having things pretty much their own way all season (and most of last season) and were cruising to a race win, yet in the space of five minutes it had all gone gloriously, hilariously wrong. Would have been funny whoever it was if they'd been dominating in such a fashion, although the cheers from the crowd probably wouldn't have been as big as if it had been Vettel.

Bit disappointed that no one aside from Stroll really gambled with an interesting tyre strategy. It was a glorious opportunity for Williams to finally get some points on merit (rather than the default of the Saubers being booted out). During one of the safety cars the commentary team made a point of highlighting the fact they were the only team that hadn't risked switching to slicks. Fat lot of good that had done them as they were still last!

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Are they still considering adding water to tracks to increase excitement?

I know there's a danger element but f**k me it's miles more exciting.

I wouldn’t be a fan of that.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Absolute banter central at that Mercedes pitstop. 

Reminded me of the classic Irvine pit stop (1:18:43)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfwgJaw5_O0&feature=youtu.be&t=4723

2 hours ago, Stu said:

It was a glorious opportunity for Williams

You'd think with two cars they would split them like Haas did by leaving Magnussen out on wets during the first SC.

Edited by Ginaro