The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

On 28/07/2019 at 23:54, Mr. Brightside said:

Albon looks to be quite lucky getting away without a penalty after moving across on Gasly.

I’m not sure about that. Albon didn’t make any really sudden move he just drifted across to the centre of the track. There was certainly room and time for Gasly to react and move across or backout and go again.

I made this point on twitter yesterday - whilst Gasly isn’t doing well it’s worth remembering that he is currently 6th in the standings which is exactly where you would expect him to be. 

Hamilton now insisting that Mercedes and he in particular be excluded from any episodes of Drive to Survive season 2, involving the German GP.
What an absolute greetin faced weasel.
Why? Surely if Mercedes and Ferrari gave the go ahead that's the end of it and he can just suck it up?

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
3 hours ago, Crawford said:
Hamilton now insisting that Mercedes and he in particular be excluded from any episodes of Drive to Survive season 2, involving the German GP.
What an absolute greetin faced weasel.

Why? Surely if Mercedes and Ferrari gave the go ahead that's the end of it and he can just suck it up?

I think he's trying to block the German GP on the grounds of his "illness" that we kept hearing about that weekend.

He's a grade A p***k so I sincerely hope he is unsuccessful in his protests.

Edited by Crawford

20 hours ago, Crawford said:

I think he's trying to block the German GP on the grounds of his "illness" that we kept hearing about that weekend.

He's a grade A p***k so I sincerely hope he is unsuccessful in his protests.

Just as well he is successful on track then and on course for a sixth title :) 

Well played by mercedes. A lot of people dont like hamilton (im not one) but nobody can deny he’s a phenomenal driver. Great to see him at 35 and max at 21 battling it out on track.

After the first 8 awful races the last 4 have been brilliant

Pretty surreal that Hamilton will beat Schumacher's wins record. Never thought I'd see anyone do it. Thought Vettel had a chance after he'd won his fourth title and had the hybrid era never happened it would probably be him closing in on that record now but that's how it is. 

Feels like it's been too easy for Hamilton but I was never a fan of Schumacher  (although I always respected him for coming back despite having nothing to gain from it) so fair play to him.

30 minutes ago, Snafu said:

So who's going to be Hamilton's team mate next season?

Toto Wolff favours an experienced driver so its doubtful either Ocon or Russell will get the gig, Bottas for one more season??

I think it has to be Ocon. Take a risk and potentially get someone who can challenge Hamilton, who I think will react well to that challenge.