The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

When you need Lance Stroll to make things interesting, and even then thats for about 12th place, then you know its been a stinker.

28 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Total bore of a race on a total bore of a circuit. Such a pity Covid didn't kill off this shitty GP for good.

Don’t think this is quite true. The midfield battles were good and for a change the TV direction showed them.

Gutted for Fernando but probably a kick up the backside for Alpeehn’s strategists when they see what Williams were able to do with Albon.

The least enjoyable race of the season so far. Possibly influenced by my hangover at 6am.

Ferrari are going to run away with it at this rate unless RB and Mercedes can find some performance/reliability quickly. 

Pretty clear that each of the front 4 teams have vastly superior no. 1 drivers to their team mates. 

I have the absolute fear that the Mercs are gonna get their act together whilst RB continue their reliability issues and Ferrari eventually do their usual something daft for a few races and/or CLC starts getting the issues Sainz has opening the door for that moaning arsehole to swoop in.

5 hours ago, Dylan Easton Fanclub said:

Don’t think this is quite true. The midfield battles were good and for a change the TV direction showed them.

Gutted for Fernando but probably a kick up the backside for Alpeehn’s strategists when they see what Williams were able to do with Albon.

Stroll caused a Trulli-train while sitting on a 5 second penalty. They had to show that because there was nothing of any interest happening anywhere near the sharp end.

Albert park perpetually produces utterly dull races that only ever manage to get interesting if it's either the 1st GP of the season and reliability is keech, or if someone bins it into the wall and a safety car artificially bunches up the field. I'm now of the opinion it's actually a more boring circuit than Catalunya, and I never thought I'd say that about anywhere.

Wild that as bad as Mercedes have been, and they have been rubbish, George is second in the driver standings and Lewis is above Max
Is it just me who now finds verstappen a complete w**k? I didn't mind him too much last year but this season he's been a whiny bitch.

I've got no great love for Hamilton but he seems to have screwed the nut from his early wankiness years and has got behind some decent causes.

Russell is the epitome of a posh English twat.

I'm all in favour of the Ferrari lads this year but I'd love Hamilton and the Mercedes to recover to make it a 3-way fight for the title (with anyone but verstappen winning).

I'd also love perez to get a better run of luck as he seems like an all-round good guy.

Is it just me who now finds verstappen a complete w**k? I didn't mind him too much last year but this season he's been a whiny bitch.

I've got no great love for Hamilton but he seems to have screwed the nut from his early wankiness years and has got behind some decent causes.

Russell is the epitome of a posh English twat.

I'm all in favour of the Ferrari lads this year but I'd love Hamilton and the Mercedes to recover to make it a 3-way fight for the title (with anyone but verstappen winning).

I'd also love perez to get a better run of luck as he seems like an all-round good guy.

I’m not a Ferrari fan but it’s delightful having someone else other than Mercedes and Red bull wining every race.

I can’t stand verstappen or Red Bull (well Horner and Marko) I’d much prefer Perez to be the lead driver.

I can appreciate Hamilton in a race car but is a complete w**k in real life. I get what you mean about Russell but I do like him as a driver, and I think he’ll be very successful.

I would love McLaren to be back up there fighting for wins. Ricardo and Norris seem like decent guys, same with the Ferrari drivers

This is my first season back following again after maybe a 10 year break. This Latifi boy is an absolute riddy.

I'm still trying to piece all the team histories together. Is Alpine what was once Renault? 

It's also a bit of a shame to watch Vettel in what looks to be an absolute dug of a car.

On 12/04/2022 at 13:19, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

This is my first season back following again after maybe a 10 year break. This Latifi boy is an absolute riddy.

I'm still trying to piece all the team histories together. Is Alpine what was once Renault? 

It's also a bit of a shame to watch Vettel in what looks to be an absolute dug of a car.

Vettel hasn't looked the same since Ricciardo joined red bull and blew him away. Just lost his edge as often happens to champions. 

Interesting vid on why "porpoising" is affecting some teams more than others. Seems to marry with what I was saying earlier about my suspicion that teams who traditionally rely on a design philosophy which demands low ride-heights/low rake will be less able to deal with the effects of the bouncing than cars which are a bit more forgiving in set-up.