The F1 Thread

die hard doonhamer

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

That will be Jolyon Palmer getting binned from the BBC, how dare he question or criticise St. Lewis.

Monaco GP: Putting Lewis Hamilton's 'miracle' in perspective - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48428176

Ha, I just read that and thought the same thing.  He's basically called him a fanny there.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

That will be Jolyon Palmer getting binned from the BBC, how dare he question or criticise St. Lewis.

Monaco GP: Putting Lewis Hamilton's 'miracle' in perspective - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48428176

That wouldn't be the worst thing as the BBC F1 podcasts have pretty much descended him and Jack Nicholls shouting at each other.

Monaco was an interesting race for tactical reasons - if you are a mouthbreather only interested in the cars crashing or IndyCar then it may have been boring but if you are a real fan who is interested in everything around an F1 team then it was a corker.

Monaco was an interesting race for tactical reasons - if you are a mouthbreather only interested in the cars crashing or IndyCar then it may have been boring but if you are a real fan who is interested in everything around an F1 team then it was a corker.

On 21/05/2019 at 06:06, ajwffc said:

Niki Lauda has died at the age of 70

Marlboro helmet on coffin. Sponsored funeral?  Ironically he died of lung problems (due to damage suffered n crash.)   Had a transplant last year.

Rumour doing the rounds that Vettel is considering retiring at the end of the season.
Wouldn't be surprised to see Raikonnen going as well. I cant see him being that pleased running round at the back of the field half the time

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see somebody - even a jobber like Magnussen - hit the wall of champions again after about a decade when drivers seemed to have just slithered around that part of the track at a controlled pace without sinking down the grid.

If you’re not at risk of crashing into that Montreal wall on most laps then it’s just not real racing.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Raikonnen going as well. I cant see him being that pleased running round at the back of the field half the time

Kimi surely knew what he was getting into when he rejoined ex-Sauber. So long as he can still pick up a tidy check, beat his team mate and get steaming I doubt he gives a f**k about championship points tbh.

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
16 hours ago, IainMorton said:
Stunning lap from Vettel to secure pole in Montreal. Hamilton 2nd, Leclerc 3rd. Should be a good one tomorrow emoji4.png 

Unless Hamilton gets to the first corner in the lead then I can change channel.

Hamilton taking the lead in the final corner of the last lap would be more satisfying.