A View From The Terrace.

On 11/12/2020 at 23:05, Scary Bear said:

Also, Somerset Park isn’t that great. Well, the away end isn't anyway. It’s just that it’s one of the few remaining terraced grounds.

The sheer and utter vandalism thats been carried out to the likes of Fir Park and East End Park, has sadly left Somerset Park as one of the few terraced grounds left, but it’s not the finest example, it’s just fortunate to have remained untouched.

I like Somerset Park. Was there about 4 years ago for a League Cup tie, and a real bonus is being able to queue up and get something to eat or drink and see the whole pitch at the same time. Made my night.

Loving this year's episodes, but it is really making me miss going to the football. Between the banter, the focus on clubs up and down the land, and the short films, I've come away from it a few times wishing I was heading to a ground on the Saturday.

I had a Chinese in Wick once in the way back from Orkney. True story.

I saw a (then) decent Brechin side snatch a draw up there in the Scottish Cup having been 4-2 down with 10 mins to go. Think that was the season we took SJ to a QF replay. True story. IMG_0701.jpg.262231044a5893607bf3da86b9a1e522.jpg#boxoffice

19 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

Think they have had reaction to midweek games on it before? emoji848.png

So maybe AVFTT is recorded on the Thursday before broadcast on the Friday.

I thought it was recorded on Wednesday's. They had reaction to the Scotland game but think the rest of that episode was recorded before the game?

No idea :lol:

31 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I thought it was recorded on Wednesday's. They had reaction to the Scotland game but think the rest of that episode was recorded before the game?

No idea :lol:

Aye, that's right.

It's recorded on Wednesdays, with the Scotland game requiring a late night Thursday recording.

As with other Betfred Cup stuff, the BBC have no footage rights, so I don't think they've gone massively in depth on it as they can't give a huge amount of context to it.

The social bit this week had me absolutely howling. Possibly the best one they've done so far and there have been some belters.

I've always fancied drawing Wick in a cup one year but it is never likely to happen but I drove past the ground on the way up to John o Groats last year and couldnae believe how slopey and bumpy it looked, assumed I had misremembered that but from watching that piece on it I didn't. What a great place to watch a game of fitba, must be some wild bounces and advantages to be had on it.

3 hours ago, MP_MFC said:

The social bit this week had me absolutely howling. Possibly the best one they've done so far and there have been some belters.

I've always fancied drawing Wick in a cup one year but it is never likely to happen but I drove past the ground on the way up to John o Groats last year and couldnae believe how slopey and bumpy it looked, assumed I had misremembered that but from watching that piece on it I didn't. What a great place to watch a game of fitba, must be some wild bounces and advantages to be had on it.

Wick is such a pain in the arse to get to if you can't drive. The train takes around four and a half hours just to travel a hundred miles or so. The bus isn't that much faster from memory.