A View From The Terrace.

8 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It's got to be the BBC pushing more OF stuff on to it in the hope to get a bit more viewers.
Although not sure what the reasons are for the podcast which seems to have more OF focus at times too. (maybe I am wrong)

It has certainly felt that way since they added the two east coast OF fans to the panel.

I don't think the number of OF-centered podcasts has increased, but when you've got Euan Taylor desperately trying to shoehorn Rangers into every discussion he has then it definitely does feel like the show is trying to pander to the bigots, which is disappointing.

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

It has certainly felt that way since they added the two east coast OF fans to the panel.

I don't think the number of OF-centered podcasts has increased, but when you've got Euan Taylor desperately trying to shoehorn Rangers/Amy desperately trying to shoehorn Celtic into every discussion he has then it definitely does feel like the show is trying to pander to the bigots, which is disappointing.

edit

17 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It's got to be the BBC pushing more OF stuff on to it in the hope to get a bit more viewers.
Although not sure what the reasons are for the podcast which seems to have more OF focus at times too. (maybe I am wrong)

Usually Amy Canavan to blame on both but she was nowhere to be seen this week 🤔

Do people realise  they are  moaning about a Scottish football TV show, on a main stream national TV channel giving a bit of air time about the two most well known clubs in the country. I like the show because it delves in to all sorts but moaning about the odd section being about Rangers or Celtic is just daft, the show isn't tailored to your individual preferences ffs.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

To whoever is pushing more Rangers content in to the show, please know that your piece of shit club died. 

That's why we're called Sevco now.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Do people realise  they are  moaning about a Scottish football TV show, on a main stream national TV channel giving a bit of air time about the two most well known clubs in the country. I like the show because it delves in to all sorts but moaning about the odd section being about Rangers or Celtic is just daft, the show isn't tailored to your individual preferences ffs.

Says a fan of one the two most well known clubs in the country. I love the show, and would be more than happy if neither of the two most well known clubs in the country were mentioned on the show ever again.

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

That would be understandable if literally every other Scottish football show didn't spend the vast majority of their time discussing those two teams.

AVFTT is a nice break from that from that in general.

26 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Says a fan of one the two most well known clubs in the country. I love the show, and would be more than happy if neither of the two most well known clubs in the country were mentioned on the show ever again.

You've just proved my point tbh. It's not just aimed at your viewership, nor exclusively to a certain level of diddies, it's a general Scottish football program from amateur to women's to the top mens level amongst other things like social aspects. It's aimed at all sorts not just for you.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That would be understandable if literally every other Scottish football show didn't spend the vast majority of their time discussing those two teams.

AVFTT is a nice break from that from that in general.

Tbh thats why also I like it, it's a nice break from the usual repetitive shite. Having said all that it would be weird to just pretend we didn't exist on the show at the same time and perhaps would alienate a large potential viewing group to make it viable.

Edited by gannonball

I’m an avid watcher of AVFFT because they champion all of Scottish football, not just the top league. I suppose they have to include some Old Firm contents or the bureaucrats at the BBC would have them taken off the air. A few less Hearts fans would help though 😂 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Do people realise  they are  moaning about a Scottish football TV show, on a main stream national TV channel giving a bit of air time about the two most well known clubs in the country.

yes

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

You've just proved my point tbh. It's not just aimed at your viewership, nor exclusively to a certain level of diddies, it's a general Scottish football program from amateur to women's to the top mens level amongst other things like social aspects. It's aimed at all sorts not just for you.

Tbh thats why also I like it, it's a nice break from the usual repetitive shite. Having said all that it would be weird to just pretend we didn't exist on the show at the same time and perhaps would alienate a large potential viewing group to make it viable.

Every other thing about Scottish football, radio, TV, newspapers, general media is all about the two most well known clubs in the country and they pretend that every other club doesn't exist. We, the diddy clubs, want our own back.

I think because the BBC Scotland in general is absolutely dripping with cringing OF stuff that it's easy to overreact when AVFTT mentions them - but last night's show (which was really good BTW) spent a pretty small amount of time on Tavernier and Papac all things considered. I didn't find it a big deal.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

I think because the BBC Scotland in general is absolutely dripping with cringing OF stuff that it's easy to overreact when AVFTT mentions them - but last night's show (which was really good BTW) spent a pretty small amount of time on Tavernier and Papac all things considered. I didn't find it a big deal.

When was the last time your club, or indeed any club, was featured twice in a row on the 'Last Minute Winner' segment?

Also, what other clubs are mentioned every week?

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

When was the last time your club, or indeed any club, was featured twice in a row on the 'Last Minute Winner' segment?

Also, what other clubs are mentioned every week?

I though Papac as a cult hero was pretty weak. Yes the guy was a consistently good player but was pretty inoffensive and boring.

Outside of Rangers fans nobody cares or thinks about him. Cult players should have something about them that makes opposition fans either love them or hate them

7 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I though Papac as a cult hero was pretty weak. Yes the guy was a consistently good player but was pretty inoffensive and boring.

Outside of Rangers fans nobody cares or thinks about him. Cult players should have something about them that makes opposition fans either love them or hate them

I fucking hate him tbf.

7 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

If they are to insist on some airtime being wasted on either club, why not a segment on the millions they have squandered on utter dross or sicknotes - Daniel Prodan and Rafael Scheidt are two such examples - and one from each complies with the must be 50/50 airtime given to each club approach all fans of other clubs just love. 

I love the show, but have to agree that I’ve noticed an increase in OF centric pieces & chat. It’s an attractive proposal that the guys should completely ignore the sisters & talk about the battle between Aberdeen & Hearts to win the league.

However, Im sensible enough to know that’s not realistic, and it’s the only football show that features the lower leagues in Scotland, so hats off. I’ll continue watching until Telfer cuts his hair, then I’m done. 

20 hours ago, gannonball said:

t it would be weird to just pretend we didn't exist on the show 

It wouldn't, you know.

Edit : Papac was the boi. A no no sense, emotionless eastern European. 

Like Ivan Drago of the Scottish football world.

Edited by Derry Alli