English Premier League 2019-20

2 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

Of all the decisions they should’ve overturned this season they’ve decided that one was THE clear and obvious error emoji38.png FFS. Missed it anyway

Oh just f**k off VAR. juusst f**k off

Softest penalty I've seen all season.

3 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

Of all the decisions they should’ve overturned this season they’ve decided that one was THE clear and obvious error emoji38.png FFS. Missed it anyway

Oh just f**k off VAR. juusst f**k off

The penalty is the right call, but the retake can go take a flying f**k to itself, encroachment by inches, if thats a VAR definite then i await VAR punishing every defender holding a strikers shirt at a corner

Appears to be encroachment by the defender. There was a Man City player who was even further in the box than he was. Never a penalty either for me. Slightest touch on his shoulder and he’s thrown himself down, ref had it right not to give it.

Was it not retaken for encroachment by the defenders rather than anything the keeper did? Despite the fact a Man City player (other than Sterling obviously)was further in the box than any of them.

If there’s encroachment from both sides a re-take is meant to happen if the penalty is scored or missed.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Appears to be encroachment by the defender. There was a Man City player who was even further in the box than he was. Never a penalty either for me. Slightest touch on his shoulder and he’s thrown himself down, ref had it right not to give it.

Its not the touch on the shoulder its the wolves boy catching mahrez on the foot, he accidentally stood on it which only a replay seen

Its not the touch on the shoulder its the wolves boy catching mahrez on the foot, he accidentally stood on it which only a replay seen
Yes, I'm quite surprised that the commentators didn't mention it after about the 3rd or 4th penalty. Having said that, it still isn't a penalty in my view - an accidental slight touch on the top of the foot is not a foul and Mahrez throwing himself down 3 steps later was laughable. Agree on the encroachment stuff - I don't see why they use VAR for that but not the keeper being off the line, and while the Wolves man was in the box when it was struck, there was a City player further in and interfering with the rebound (i.e. he went for it) so to me those should offset to use NFL speak. Again, that's a problem with the laws rather than VAR but it's still a nonsense. 7 minutes of injury time too, which is crazy for a first half.

As to the game itself, Wolves have been pretty poor in the final third which is a shame as they have got into some promising positions and Traore looks dangerous. Jonny isn't playing well though.

20 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Yes, I'm quite surprised that the commentators didn't mention it after about the 3rd or 4th penalty. Having said that, it still isn't a penalty in my view - an accidental slight touch on the top of the foot is not a foul and Mahrez throwing himself down 3 steps later was laughable. Agree on the encroachment stuff - I don't see why they use VAR for that but not the keeper being off the line, and while the Wolves man was in the box when it was struck, there was a City player further in and interfering with the rebound (i.e. he went for it) so to me those should offset to use NFL speak. Again, that's a problem with the laws rather than VAR but it's still a nonsense. 7 minutes of injury time too, which is crazy for a first half.

As to the game itself, Wolves have been pretty poor in the final third which is a shame as they have got into some promising positions and Traore looks dangerous. Jonny isn't playing well though.

Completely agree, if thats a penalty then why wasn't the one few mins before the goal wheb walker accidentally caught the wolves boy