Rangers' Wee Spot in Europe - Season 2023/24

Goldson: I feel black players are being used as pawns to make money.
Sky immediately post interview: doing our bit to end racism.

29 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

At the time from Gerrard's comments to the press I took that he had done something.  

There's multiple reports that he did something. I mean, it's not like he was most likely reacting like someone who was taken aback by a racist comment aimed towards him.

11 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I absolutely believe the racist abuse happened but those who think UEFA will do anything other than a token fine at best are absolutely deluded. UEFA don't give a f**k

I agree with that. Although the way I see it is you need to believe that eventually there will be an incident that forces them to take it more seriously. Hopefully this is it.

Edit: I probably worded that wrong so for the benefit of doubt, I’m not hoping there are incidents in the future, more I hope that they eventually can’t ignore it any longer and take it more seriously.

Edited by AJF

4 hours ago, AJF said:

The excuse of "players cover their mouths all the time" is absolutely mental. The majority of the time it is done between players having a conversation or laugh with each other during a break in play. That is clearly the opposite of what their player said to Kamara given his reaction so that excuse carries no weight whatsoever and I'm surprised the club have actually went down that line of defence.

The fact they are also claiming that Kamara assaulted him after the match actually adds weight to the claim that he said something racist and leaves little doubt in my mind that Kamara is being truthful given his extreme reaction they are claiming.

I don't think they have went down the "lost in translation" excuse yet which is very telling because it means they must believe Kamara clearly heard what he said and are now implying that he is lying. They have completely fucked it here.

although , unfortunately , UEFA will decide !

I think the fact that Rangers tried to enact prison yard justice will go against them. Turning cameras off and sucker punching  someone, but apparently doing it in front of police and UEFA officials wasn't the brightest. 

I think it will come down to, he looks guilty but we can't actually prove it so we will warn the player about future conduct. My guess would be that Kamara doesn't get a ban for the punch but Roofe will get hammered for booting Kolar in the head. 

There's something odd going on with this.

There are a pile of new accounts on Twitter, all joined in March 2021, basically denying the whole thing ever happened, making racist comments about Roofe, making up a whole load of shit about Morelos etc. Basically, just accounts being set up to spread disinformation.

Triggering the password reset on them shows that the email addresses registered to a good few of them come from @s*****.**"

Guess what Slavia Prague's web domain is?

Edited by G51

You are a despicable arsehole, the wording you have used here is disgusting.  "The racist bit" (nothing to see here), "punch of a player" (shocking, throw the book at the violent thug).
I think you're reading far far too much into a pretty neutral post there.

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
5 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:
You are a despicable arsehole, the wording you have used here is disgusting.  "The racist bit" (nothing to see here), "punch of a player" (shocking, throw the book at the violent thug).

I think you're reading far far too much into a pretty neutral post there.

I know, I have already apologised as it was out of order.

I still think it'll be impossible for UEFA to actually punish Slavia, or the player, unless it can be categorically proven hes said it. Sadly I can't see that happening.

Absolutely no reason they don't just go massively into them for that fan banner though, morons there have opened the door for UEFA punishment and those particular fat cats will do anything to avoid pissing off sponsors, so Rangers refusing to let this lie plus having Gerrard means its highly unlikely UEFA will ignore this. 

I'd laugh like f**k if that banner got them punted out the competition and banned for a year.

Unless they can't do anything about the banner as it wasn't during a match?

Edited by RandomGuy.

40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think the fact that Rangers tried to enact prison yard justice will go against them. Turning cameras off and sucker punching  someone, but apparently doing it in front of police and UEFA officials wasn't the brightest. 

I think it will come down to, he looks guilty but we can't actually prove it so we will warn the player about future conduct. My guess would be that Kamara doesn't get a ban for the punch but Roofe will get hammered for booting Kolar in the head. 

There is no such thing as sucker punching a racist IMO.