General Election Speculation

NotThePars

Saw Big Sammie from the DUP being interviewed earlier. Do the dinosaur-deniers know that they may well be in the last days of anybody giving a fúck about them? A thumping Tory victory renders them unnecessary, and if there's even sa slight change the other way no amount of our Billions will make them relevant. You have to feel sorry for them, really.

Only joking, fúck em.

6 hours ago, dorlomin said:

b)I am pretty sure you cannot pass legislation that gets around other legislation by writing "notwithstanding" on the notes.

Much the same as voting for an amendment to FTPA to change 2/3ds to simple majority. Which would require a simple majority, not 2/3ds.

Poll done by pro-EU Tories shows interesting projection.
F560F8DE-124C-4A2A-8A5F-FC887413523C.jpeg.447379a2c9caa96207e6f69416c3f61e.jpeg
Apparently lots of pro-EU Tories will vote for another party.
Tories + DUP = 321 (less Speaker presumably)
Others = 321

It might explain why Boris didn't call for a General Election right away - perhaps their own polling figures aren't as good as some of the right wing rags are making out.

5 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Blackford is probably hoping that Labour need help to form a majority Government after the next GE and the SNP can strong-arm them into another ScotRef.

Malky's tears = delicious. 

I'd quite enjoy the absolute rage from Express and Mail-reading gammons at both Corbyn being anywhere near power and the SNP being involved. However I do feel that a Labour Government would set the indy cause back somewhat. I think it needs to have a government of Tory arseholes essentially as a "bad guy" we need to break ourselves free of. 

16 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Saw Big Sammie from the DUP being interviewed earlier. Do the dinosaur-deniers know that they may well be in the last days of anybody giving a fúck about them? A thumping Tory victory renders them unnecessary, and if there's even sa slight change the other way no amount of our Billions will make them relevant. You have to feel sorry for them, really.

Only joking, fúck em.

Now (at least in my opinion) Yesterday's Men.

At least that's given Javid a few extra quid to throw at the gullible today. No amount of confidence and supply is going to make up a deficit of 43 fter the Tories' implosion last night.

Oh, and again - Fúck em

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

An election in the next month would have a very reasonable likelihood of a working Tory majority therefore No Deal Brexit. A second referendum seems a matter of urgency in the current political climate. 

It very much comes with a careful what you wish for sticker attached. 

Fighting an election on FPTP like a second referendum is dangerous. 

Johnson lost badly last night, but this is a war and not a battle. 

5 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

An election in the next month would have a very reasonable likelihood of a working Tory majority therefore No Deal Brexit. A second referendum seems a matter of urgency in the current political climate. 

That should be off the table by the end of the week.

Given that Boris has just kicked has just kicked 21 excellent MPs out of his party, and will hopefully lose all, or most of the Tory Scottish seats,  I can't see him getting a working majority.

5 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

That should be off the table by the end of the week.

Given that Boris has just kicked has just kicked 21 excellent MPs out of his party, and will hopefully lose all, or most of the Tory Scottish seats,  I can't see him getting a working majority.

Provided the extension is asked for, and granted. 

Parliament can't keep ruling this out eternally - the date is set unless the EU agrees to extend it, and there's nothing that can be done to stop it other than revoking Article 50.