Prince Andrew BBC

D.A.F.C

14 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

A long but in depth read on today's proceedings. Don't think Andy's team got off to a good start.

You gotta love the way the  Americans approach these things.

I heard a reporter from Yew York saying  something like, :

"Not sure what (Andrew's lawyers) are trying to sell here, but whatever it is the American judge ain't gonna buy it!"

A Prince of the Realm attempting to prevent all legacy child abuse cases from reaching court in a foreign country, just so he doesn't have to face prosecution himself.

Surely this will be a massive scandal that will see Andrew made a pariah by the British public, and leave the Monarch on shaky ground for having paid for this defence.

No, barely a mention, then business as usual? Righto then.

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

A Prince of the Realm attempting to prevent all legacy child abuse cases from reaching court in a foreign country, just so he doesn't have to face prosecution himself.

Surely this will be a massive scandal that will see Andrew made a pariah by the British public, and leave the Monarch on shaky ground for having paid for this defence.

No, barely a mention, then business as usual? Righto then.

Slightly different tone between the BBC and the twitter link above. 

Screenshot_20220104-214019_Samsung Internet.jpg

16 minutes ago, HTG said:

Slightly different tone between the BBC and the twitter link above. 

Events like this make it very clear just how much influence the monarchy still has.

Anyone in a position of power too feart or self-interested to say a word or lift a finger.

I think the royal historian Robert Lacey nailed it tonight when he suggested that the monarchy will lurch on but the Priapic Prince is toast whatever happens from here on in.  FWIW, and after reading today's accounts, I think the judge will throw out the attempt to kill off the action, but after that who knows what will happen*

*Probably Johnson offering US vulture capital the NHS on a plate provided all the bad stories go away and we can all enjoy the Platinum Jubilee.

5 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I think the royal historian Robert Lacey nailed it tonight when he suggested that the monarchy will lurch on but the Priapic Prince is toast whatever happens from here on in.  FWIW, and after reading today's accounts, I think the judge will throw out the attempt to kill off the action, but after that who knows what will happen*

*Probably Johnson offering US vulture capital the NHS on a plate provided all the bad stories go away and we can all enjoy the Platinum Jubilee.

Will I get any extra time off?