I sh*t you not....

johnnydun

16 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I once shoplifted International Match Day (ZX Spectrum) from Comet in Elgin, 2 days before Christmas.  Got to Christmas morning and Santa had got it for me.  Awkward.

They kept the tapes in the cases?

Deserved everything they got IMO.

20 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Think I've mentioned this before (I bore everyone to tears with it) but I was booked on MH17 but my travel plans changed when my Malaysian visa was delayed.

I was sitting in my mum's kitchen eating beans on toast when I heard the news that a plane had been shot down on the radio. Soon after it emerged where it had left from and where it was going and it was my flight.

Me and my mum had not long before been talking about how that was the day I was supposed to have moved.

I am invincible.

That is absolutely mental.  Definitely someone up there watching over you!!

7 hours ago, Shotgun said:

The same man once pushed me to the ground when I asked for his autograph right after he'd been refused entry to the clubhouse at Royal Birkdale during the British Open. I would've been about 14. Also, no shagging was involved.

Funnily enough, it was in a golf club where he was very kind to me.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Did he knock you back?

tenor.gif?itemid=12634987

Edited by 8MileBU

46 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

That is absolutely mental.  Definitely someone up there watching over you!!

Who knows. Every time I fly I do consider some kind of Final Destination outcome where plane crashes will track me down eventually.

Flying in two of the next three weekends. Malaysia Airlines both trips.

3 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I was once playing the quiz machine in The Globe pub in Dundee. I was on a pretty decent run and on the verge of winning some money when Charlie Miller appeared from nowhere, offered his help and then  completely fucked it up for me.  

Did you expect it to go any other way? 

Also; Globes fucked. They've ruined it with this Molly Malones pish. RIP. 

Following on from Kuro's potentially libellous bullshit.
Have any P&Ber's a true story that nobody would likely believe?
I've won a few pub quizzes, despite constantly languishing in the diddy quiz league on here. Either the rest of the team carry me, people up here are thick as shite or P and B quizzers are liars.

38 minutes ago, Dele said:

Did you expect it to go any other way? 

Also; Globes fucked. They've ruined it with this Molly Malones pish. RIP. 

With the cheek to say "Established 1832" on the outside.

Established October 2019 more fucking like.

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:
On 20/11/2019 at 22:54, johnnydun said:
Following on from Kuro's potentially libellous bullshit.
Have any P&Ber's a true story that nobody would likely believe?

I've won a few pub quizzes, despite constantly languishing in the diddy quiz league on here. Either the rest of the team carry me, people up here are thick as shite or P and B quizzers are liars.

It's D - all of the above.

No wonder you're in the diddy league.

5 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I was once playing the quiz machine in The Globe pub in Dundee. I was on a pretty decent run and on the verge of winning some money when Charlie Miller appeared from nowhere, offered his help and then  completely fucked it up for me.  

You just reminded me about a story one of the blokes in my work told me a little while back about George Best. 

1759050428_GeorgeBest.thumb.png.e1ef6c3d100f0104370e24705020c8cd.png

As for myself, a couple years back we were driving home from Dorset. Was a really clear evening with a full moon. As I was looking at it, this black line just appeared to cross the whole moon. It was like someone had got a marker pen and just drawn a massive thick line. My Mrs saw it as well and just about put the car into a ditch. By the time we stopped to get a photo it had disappeared. Never seen anything like it. Her being the voice of reason thought we were on our own version of the Trueman show and something had gone wrong with the production. Did look on Google which had a few different things it could have been, but never ever seen anything like it since. 

Image result for black line through moon

Sort of similar to that, but the line was thicker. 

2 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

You just reminded me about a story one of the blokes in my work told me a little while back about George Best. 

1759050428_GeorgeBest.thumb.png.e1ef6c3d100f0104370e24705020c8cd.png

As for myself, a couple years back we were driving home from Dorset. Was a really clear evening with a full moon. As I was looking at it, this black line just appeared to cross the whole moon. It was like someone had got a marker pen and just drawn a massive thick line. My Mrs saw it as well and just about put the car into a ditch. By the time we stopped to get a photo it had disappeared. Never seen anything like it. Her being the voice of reason thought we were on our own version of the Trueman show and something had gone wrong with the production. Did look on Google which had a few different things it could have been, but never ever seen anything like it since. 

Image result for black line through moon

Contrails, man..

9 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Who knows. Every time I fly I do consider some kind of Final Destination outcome where plane crashes will track me down eventually.

Flying in two of the next three weekends. Malaysia Airlines both trips.

Not if the first one crashes you won't be.