The Christmas Thread

Guest bernardblack

31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

She's working, we're not going out until later. I'm here on my todd watching and eating what I want in blissful solitude. You'd love it!

My kids are at their dads until 7pm. I had a couple of well meaning invites to friends. But I declined.

Just been for a walk and I’ll have some breakfast now. Maybe a snooze this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
9 minutes ago, RH33 said:
Clearly you were on the naughty list! 

I know, being forced to watch St Mirren, what did I do to deserve that?

At least the bevvying in hospitality will numb the pain of a resounding away win. Merry Christmas! 😀

You scranned a tin of Celebrations for breakfast?

Nah I just felt pretty drained after about an hour of sitting about a crowded room with a couple of screaming children opening their presents. Boxing Day can’t come soon enough!

This is mint. Kids are playing well together with the new toys, I have everything for dinner well in hand, only one visit to do to her folks then on my return I can wire into the drink.

Tomorrow I shall commence my home brewing adventure with all the gear I got for Christmas.

All the best everyone.

13 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Flew to Poland today to visit her family.  As today is their gift giving and meal day she suggested I fly dressed as Santa (I own a suit as do few things for kids charities). 

TBH I was a bit unsure but as I doubt I would ever get the chance to do it again I went for it big time, suit, wellies, even my hand luggage was a santa sack.  Actually turned out to be fun.  

The faces on kids in the airport were a joy, took an age to get to the gate due to bairns, adults and staff asking for selfies.  I even had sweets to hand out (with the permission of parents before anybody comments).

Random allocated seats meant I was given row 1 while she was up in a row 16.  Boarded the plane and the captain appeared asking for a photo.  Said he was going to send it to his son and tell him he was helping Santa delivering presents.

Near the end the cabin crew asked if they could get a photo and just as we finished this absolute weapon strode up the aisle in wet-look leggings that left little to the imagination and asked for a hug and a selfie.  How could one refuse?  Well that was my excuse to her back in row 16.

As I sat back down a member of the crew thanked Santa for flying Ryanair and then some people started singing jingle bells.  Polish guy next to me said nothing all flight and just as we hit the tarmac he turned to me and said "Santa, can I get a selfie?"

Even the guy on passport control only asked for a peek at my face as did not want to burst the Santa myth to the kids in the queue.

Big family gathering all done, kids bought into their surprise guest with gifts.

Hope everybody has a day as good as mine.

IMG_20191224_115641.jpg

Hat doffed to you Sir.

The joy and happiness you have spread is immeasurable.

Outstanding. Merry Christmas. 

We're at the age where we buy things when we want/need them, rather than waiting for Christmas and we don't bother with expensive 'surprise' presents. Instead, we get each other a bunch of small gifts just so we have the fun of unwrapping stuff on the day. For me, it's usually things like choccie hob-nobs, whisky and of course, the traditional Terry's chocolate orange. Suits me just fine. 

Our potato peeler broke last week after a mere 25+ years of service so one of the first things I'll be giving her to unwrap will be the new one I bought. It's all about keeping the romance alive boys.

ETA: Anyway, Merry Christmas to every one of you fuckers. Hope it's a great time for every one. And special thanks to @Sugar Army for that wee tale. I'll raise a glass to you in a bit Sir.

Edited by Shotgun

1 minute ago, Shotgun said:

We're at the age where we buy things when we want/need them, rather than waiting for Christmas and we don't bother with expensive 'surprise' presents. Instead, we get each other a bunch of small gifts just so we have the fun of unwrapping stuff on the day. For me, it's usually things like choccie hob-nobs, whisky and of course, the traditional Terry's chocolate orange. Suits me just fine. 

Our potato peeler broke last week after a mere 25+ years of service so one of the first things I'll be giving her to unwrap will be the new one I bought. It's all about keeping the romance alive boys.

ETA: Anyway, Merry Christmas to every one of you fuckers. Hope it's a great time for every one. And special thanks to @Sugar Army for that wee tale. I'll raise a glass to you in a bit Sir.

So are we. Except we forego the "buying things when we want/need them" and the" bunch of small gifts" parts. Otherwise exactly like yours...

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I got her an electric window cleaner a couple of years ago. The room lit up, unbridled joy. Well that's how I remember it.

25381.jpg

Are you sure she hadn't just given birth to the saviour of the world?