The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

I had the reveal spoiled in advance and I'll be honest I fucking hated the idea of it but it was well done and really quite poignant. 

I think it would be so much better if they retired The Mandalorian now and split off into Boba's show and Bo-Katan's show. Even make Mando a side character in her show. 

How do they explain the wee man's future in the context of the Sequel Trilogy? Hoping for Lucas to be brought back for a prequel to the sequels and finding out Adam Driver did what his grandad did a few decades before.

5 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I had the reveal spoiled in advance and I'll be honest I fucking hated the idea of it but it was well done and really quite poignant. 

I think it would be so much better if they retired The Mandalorian now and split off into Boba's show and Bo-Katan's show. Even make Mando a side character in her show. 

How do they explain the wee man's future in the context of the Sequel Trilogy? Hoping for Lucas to be brought back for a prequel to the sequels and finding out Adam Driver did what his grandad did a few decades before.

Confused Liam Neeson GIF

18 minutes ago, saint dave said:

That was absolutely tremendous. 

As others said , the X-wing , the green sabre and the gloved hand...still didn't believe it was going to happen until the actual reveal. Great stuff. 

Likewise

I got genuinely emotional when it happened. 

Even as someone who can best be described as neutral toward the Star Wars brand, and doesn't know the significance of half of what is going on in this, even I can recognise this is a very good show.

Shows what can be accomplished when you have a coherent plan and good writing.

Very emotional watching that, as soon as the x wing arrived there was only ever going to be 1 person in it. Mando and Grogu saying goodbye had me in bits. In my head Grogu gets a good 10 years of training in before reuniting with Din for more adventures before retiring to Mandalore. I can't bear thinking about the alternative possibility.

Bo Katan v Mando in S3?

Also shout out to 4 female characters taking down an entire crew of stormtroopers. When you grow up loving Star Wars but with only Princess Leia and Mon Mothma to identify with, this stuff matters. Ming-Na Wen is 57 and still amazing!

I watched that this morning and watched it again then.  As soon as I saw the X Wing, I thought straight away Red 5 standing by.  I had initially thought it would be Ezra or Luke to answer the call.  With the Ashoka show announced it really only left Luke.  Was amazing to see.

I'm very interested in to know how much acting Mark Hamill had in that, and how much was he paid.  

Terrific telly. Watched the first couple of episodes and wasn't that into it ages ago. Got a disney sub when I was off sick last week and caught up with it since then, so glad I did. It's probably second to empire in my star wars rankings and makes me sad about how wasteful the sequels were. That final sequence could have been so cheesy and bad but just worked, especially with the helmet being removed. Terrific telly