Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, Paco said:

They know full well it’s true, but they don’t think anyone can prove it. They may well be right unfortunately.

Maybe now it’s been officially reported to the police proof will come out since they can access GPS for the car/phones etc for an investigation.

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

I'm not sure how consistent reporting standards are across countries. I think the mortality comparison to "normal" years may be a better measure. There are some places where you can't trust the infrastructure and others (not a million miles away) where you can't trust the reporting. 

Even the moon is not a million miles away but I get your point.

Oh dear.  Too early to be so pedantic. ☺

13 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

It will mozza, the sensible people who held their noses & voted him in ahead of the catastrophe that was Venezuela mk2 being inflicted on the Worlds 5th (or 6th, can't remember)largest Economy are now absolutely incandescent that the rules don't actually matter anymore. This episode will probably result in a spike as everyone says "ah f**k it" and do what they want, it will not be forgotten & every other Party should hound them until he is history. 

I suspect, Mr Moomin, that those (like your good self) are a minority unfortunately.

Might there be the odd martyr who resigns?  It’s possible and will make for a good story, but it will be the exception.

Equally people saying this fiasco will make no difference at all do not understand how politics works.

Some people will never change their view but elections are won and lost by those who do.

I used to watch The Thick Of It so I think I'm more qualified than most to say that behind the scenes they will be planning an exit strategy for Cummings to leave within the next few days. 

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I suspect, Mr Moomin, that those (like your good self) are a minority unfortunately.

I weed out moonhowlers from my FB pretty quickly (except from the cute ones from either side who provide entertainment value by being so swiveleyed in their loonyness), Middle England is thoroughly pissed off with Cummings & all who sail in him.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I used to watch The Thick Of It so I think I'm more qualified than most to say that behind the scenes they will be planning an exit strategy for Cummings to leave within the next few days. 

If he says fuckitybye I might actually have a moment of grudging respect for him.

28 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

, the sensible people who held their noses & voted him in ahead of the catastrophe that was Venezuela mk2 being inflicted on the Worlds 5th (or 6th, can't remember)largest Economy

Shite like this makes you a Tory enabler. Get your act together.

If they'd sacked Cummings as soon as this happened they could have brought him back in a couple of years in plenty of time for the next election without anyone being that bothered. By delaying it they are making it impossible for him to return. There's a line in the Thick of It where Hugh Abbot says that with every day he delays resigning it's another year before he can return, applies perfectly here.

It shows how reliant Johnson is on him that he knows he can't even survive a year or two without him.

Still cant get over how Greece has only had 171 deaths with a 10 million population.
Multiply that by six for us 1200 deaths.
Weve totally fuxked it up.

Aye, this.

They're not known for their German style efficiency.
I'm not sure how consistent reporting standards are across countries. I think the mortality comparison to "normal" years may be a better measure. There are some places where you can't trust the infrastructure and others (not a million miles away) where you can't trust the reporting. 
Probably right.

Either that or there are elements of this virus that we don't understand yet, in terms of how it survives, or what kind of people are good at brushing it off.

42 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

It will mozza, the sensible people who held their noses & voted him in ahead of the catastrophe that was Venezuela mk2 being inflicted on the Worlds 5th (or 6th, can't remember)largest Economy are now absolutely incandescent that the rules don't actually matter anymore. This episode will probably result in a spike as everyone says "ah f**k it" and do what they want, it will not be forgotten & every other Party should hound them until he is history. 

Yeah that's right, you're the hero in all this and anyone who says otherwise is as bad as a racist.