Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Everyone's favourite Bond villain Jim Ratcliffe. 

Honestly we could just have a quick discussion about it, steal 95% of the wealth of these folk and as long as an accountant didn't show them a spreadsheet, they'd live out their days in luxury absolutely none the wiser.

If you look back to the famously evil and greedy Borgias and Medicis, I think I'm right in saying that their individual earnings were about 10 times that of a skilled tradesman. They would be staggered by the audacity of their modern day equivalents.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

The cholera outbreak Jon Snow had a static, point source. He literally drew a map of cases and found the well at the centre. You can't do that with something like covid19.

Fair enough point. 

But I think some effort could have been made in at least generally tracking back to where the virus is being spread. 

At least we in Scotland know it's not being spread at the moment by attending football matches.

just been out for a walk with the dog, what a lovely fresh evening, strutted across a field that separates my but & ben from the Sandstone houses of the Upper Middle class, , what a racket they made back in March & April, with their clapping and smashing pots & pans, all for our NHS Heroes, well all that is a distance memory for some of them.

fuckin' wan of these pitched in the front green, and they're having a fuckin dinner party.

s-l1600.jpg

16 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

https://www.facebook.com/linlithgowrose/videos/vb.281410858546071/995877204240360/?type=2&theater

Today's winning goal at Linlithgow Rose from a debutant sadly witnessed by no supporters, the boy with camera got a bit excited.

Let fans in for goodness sake.

Or they could just decide not to play in the middle of winter during the second wave of a pandemic, when there's quite clearly a vaccination program on the way very soon. Every game that football clubs play under the current circumstances - and this applies as much to Morton as it does the East of Scotland league - underlines their true contempt for the fanbase. They could  stop and play Tuesday-Saturday from March until the season is completed but continue with this farce of a campaign and send tear-drenched letters to the government instead.

Other than the hilarious treatment of Hearts, Partick and Stranraer, this has not been a good pandemic for Scottish football and its mealy-mouthed talk about its importance to the community.

According to the normally very reliable Travelling Tabby website, Tier 3 Falkirk had one less case than recently promoted to Tier 2, East Lothian yesterday.
I know there's other factors at play, but Falkirk surely knocking on door of Tier 2?
Mon the Bairns etc

20 minutes ago, Steven W said:

According to the normally very reliable Travelling Tabby website, Tier 3 Falkirk had one less case than recently promoted to Tier 2, East Lothian yesterday.

I know there's other factors at play, but Falkirk surely knocking on door of Tier 2?

Falkirk are in tier 3 because they're monumentally shite.

giphy.gif&key=66a2b1f9712b2628f1554160c4

9B8B46E3-3400-46C9-8CAE-50C38CD1056D.gif.3bf13cde0dd147c6a1243c1d8a450460-1.gif

Edited by vikingTON

26 minutes ago, Steven W said:

That appears to be correct based on the last full weeks worth of available data (19 to 25 November). Whilst ordinarily that may mean a possible promotion to Tier 2 for Falkirk I would guess that the SG might be unwilling loosen restrictions ahead of the relaxation of rules in a few weeks time for Christmas. You never know though. 

12 minutes ago, RiG said:

That appears to be correct based on the last full weeks worth of available data (19 to 25 November). Whilst ordinarily that may mean a possible promotion to Tier 2 for Falkirk I would guess that the SG might be unwilling loosen restrictions ahead of the relaxation of rules in a few weeks time for Christmas. You never know though. 

I think you're right. Like I say, other factors are at play.

In all honesty I can't see any LA being 'promoted' ahead of Christmas given the likely surge in infections that will ensue thereafter.

I see the Scottish gov are rolling out mass testing for people without symptoms in local communities.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55101151

In that article there’s a link to book a test if you live in one of these areas... which doesn’t allow you to book a test unless you

- have symptoms
- are an essential worker
- are living in Liverpool or Merthyr Tydfil
- have been specifically asked by a health protection team to book a test

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

So mass testing has been rolled out up here but the government website won’t let anyone book one of the tests. What a fucking riot.

13 hours ago, Steven W said:

AND YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY FALKIRK AWAY