Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
14 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
He is talking about the numerous airport based testing centres, and you have mistakenly thought he was talking about airport testing for travellers. Either you’ve gotten confused, or you’re just completely wrong with the above post.

Aye whatever you say pal.

You just can’t admit ever being wrong can you? It’s no big deal, you got confused, it happens.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
18 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
He is talking about the numerous airport based testing centres, and you have mistakenly thought he was talking about airport testing for travellers. Either you’ve gotten confused, or you’re just completely wrong with the above post.

Aye whatever you say pal.

Well, he's right.

I get the impression that if Sturgeon announced a crackdown on people not wearing seatbelts in cars in one of these briefings, the first journalist’s question would be “What’s to stop people wearing a white t-shirt with a black diagonal stripe on it?”. 
This, along with the “The park across the road is in another council area, so I can’t go there” is precisely why we never had the “Grown-up conversation” we were promised early in lockdown.

1 hour ago, Tynierose said:

Potential common side effects of virus inoculation are quite similar to a hangover so I had a few beers just in case.   No point suffering for no reward.

24 hours on only issue is arm a tad sore.  Anyway I'm away to the Sanam, fawkirks best Indian for lunch.

Have a good day.

Wise words, Nonetheless, I've visited Masala Ram's (which used to be the Indian Harvest) when in Falkirk, and it has no equals in that town from my view.

23 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

I get the impression that if Sturgeon announced a crackdown on people not wearing seatbelts in cars in one of these briefings, the first journalist’s question would be “What’s to stop people wearing a white t-shirt with a black diagonal stripe on it?”. 
This, along with the “The park across the road is in another council area, so I can’t go there” is precisely why we never had the “Grown-up conversation” we were promised early in lockdown.

The North Wales road with two different sets of lockdown rules - North Wales Live (dailypost.co.uk)

17 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

There was a wifey on tv the other day saying that her house and garden were in two different council areas (Harrogate and Leeds respectively)

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

If NS thinks half of Ayrshire ISN'T going to flock to Glasgow Christmas shopping this weekend she's utterly deluded. The likes of Silverburn will be rammed. If she thinks anyone could do their Christmas shopping in the likes of Irvine or Kilmarnock again she's bonkers.

The roads were much busier than a usual for a Friday heading into Glasgow  from Falkirk this morning.  I guess loads of people were heading in early for the shops opening from outlying areas.

Edited by FFCinthearea

34 minutes ago, Funky Nosejob said:

A grown up conversation would be along the lines of " well obviously if there's a big supermarket or park just across the road from you then of course you can nip along even if your passing a council boundary sign , what we're really trying to say to you is don't be getting in the car and driving a long way to either visit people or use services which are closed in your area, they are closed in your area for a reason so please don't make it necessary to close things far away by bringing the virus to them, y'know it's really all about trying to keep disruption to a minimum "

Cue the headlines in the sun "STURGEON FURTHER CONFUSES TRAVEL GUIDLINES WITH ENDLESS LIST OF EXEMPTIONS!"

that's why

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

A grown up conversation would be along the lines of " well obviously if there's a big supermarket or park just across the road from you then of course you can nip along even if your passing a council boundary sign , what we're really trying to say to you is don't be getting in the car and driving a long way to either visit people or use services which are closed in your area, they are closed in your area for a reason so please don't make it necessary to close things far away by bringing the virus to them, y'know it's really all about trying to keep disruption to a minimum "

Cue the headlines in the sun "STURGEON FURTHER CONFUSES TRAVEL GUIDLINES WITH ENDLESS LIST OF EXEMPTIONS!"

that's why

Things would be a lot simpler if it was acceptable for her to answer ‘Just don’t be a c**t’

Anyone driving into Braehead or any out of town shopping centre needs truncheoned in the face repeatedly. There is no valid reason to do your Christmas shopping for wee Jayden in person in 2020. They are fucking at it. 
Of course they are but 1000s will. Expect pictures of packed Buchanan Street and queues on the 77 for Silverburn will be all over the media on Saturday night and Sunday. Anyone thinks it isn't going to happen is kidding themselves on.

Anyone driving into Braehead or any out of town shopping centre needs truncheoned in the face repeatedly. There is no valid reason to do your Christmas shopping for wee Jayden in person in 2020. They are fucking at it. 
This all day long!

This will be my third Christmas where I haven't set foot in a shop to do my shopping and it's tremendous. Why the f**k someone would choose to trail around the shops rather than online is beyond me.

This all day long!

This will be my third Christmas where I haven't set foot in a shop to do my shopping and it's tremendous. Why the f**k someone would choose to trail around the shops rather than online is beyond me.
I fucked up with Christmas food deliveries ornelse I wouldnt be setting foot in a shop for anything relating to Christmas. As it is, I will grudgingly tackle Aldi on the 22nd or thereabouts